Thread: Stolen Rifle FT Hood area!

Junior Cadet

Stolen Rifle FT Hood area!

I didn't see an appropriate place to post this, so I'm putting it here. Hope I'm not out of line.
    My brother just got transferred to FT Hood, he was staying at a friends apartment, they came home and found that they had been burglarized and his rifle was Stolen. Thieves left the dismounted 5.56 upper in the picture. Stole from the Remmington apartments in Killeen, TX near FT Hood.
    Vltor lower, Geissele trigger, Vltor A5 buffer, Magpul pistol grip Magpul stock, Vltor Upper, Geissele freefloat hand guards, Vltor bipod, Ballistic advantage 20" stainless fluted 6.5 Grendal barrel with BCM flash hider/ compensator. BCM gun fighter charging handle, Aim Nickle boron bolt carrier, JP 6.5 grendal Nickle boron bolt, Geissele scope mount, Trijicon 2.5-10x Accupower scope, Rifle is FDE in color.
    Serial number: 15020014

When my house war burglarized the detectives told me most of the time the perp is family or friend. I don't wish that on you and I hope he gets his stuff back.

To state the obvious make the rounds of pawn shops and browse craigslist.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by spottedfrog View Post
    Stole from the Remmington apartments in Killeen, TX near FT Hood.
    'Killeen' is all you need to say, the crime in that town is legendary. Good luck!

Eli

Junior Cadet
    Possibly some one his friend knows. He just got back from Korea, and just got posted to FT Hood.
    He should have left the rifle with family while he got settled. I think he was just too excited to be back state side and couldn't wait to shoot it. It was his project while over there. He'd mail me parts so I could build it, and have it waiting for him when he got back.

What ever stole it, merry Xmas!

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    What ever stole it, merry Xmas!
    Indeed. The Thief is probably too stupid/uninformed to realize that the rifle is in 6.5 Grendal. An ill begotten range trip is likely to have explosive consequences. 5.56 in a 6.5 G AR. May it mark IT as thief!