Thread: Parts ID.

Parts ID.

Oky, I have acquired a couple of parts that look interesting. The bolt I have discovered is a German Sauer & Sohn replacement. The safety has me baffled. Has anyone an idea of what the T.I 90 refers to? Appears to be like new and well made with clean forging strikes.

IMG_1065.jpg

p.s. Whats the meaning of the two funky stylized eagles on the bolt? Proof marks? Trade mark stamp?

Thanks up front, ZB.

T.I. = TONG INDUSTRIES. Korean. M14 safety
    [SIGPIC]

There was a whole thread on the CMP forum years ago about that bolt. I'm sorry to say that I didn't pay much attention to it except to say it is german.

I’m pretty sure the consensus of that thread was that the reputation of the Sauer and Sohn bolts was that they were “soft” or whatever terminology was being parroted at that time. I do not recall anyone having first-hand experience with them having issues though. But with the easily available GI bolts why take a chance.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    I’m pretty sure the consensus of that thread was that the reputation of the Sauer and Sohn bolts was that they were “soft” or whatever terminology was being parroted at that time. I do not recall anyone having first-hand experience with them having issues though. But with the easily available GI bolts why take a chance.
    It would be a fun experiment to do. Measure headspace to start, fire 5 rounds, re measure, fire 20 re measure, fire 50...

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    It would be a fun experiment to do. Measure headspace to start, fire 5 rounds, re measure, fire 20 re measure, fire 50...
    To make it even more interesting you could have your favorite bone cancer recipient fire it until failure.
    !