Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These Few Words Say It All

These Few Words Say It All

A few words from the Governor of Vermont's statement about their new gun laws is really a road map in a way. Vermont folk are used to being free and are not huge fans of regulations. When I read the Governors words I thought to myself that he captured the whole plan in one sentence. We are finished.

"It doesn't take away guns, and I believe that we will get accustomed to the new normal"
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

This is exactly how they demonized cigarettes and smoking......slowly and steadily.

What I think will happen is a super high tax or surcharge on guns and ammo.
    The libs will say..."We are not stopping you from buying guns....you just can't afford them to buy them".
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Rolling over and playing dead is never a solution. Vote the bums out.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    A few words from the Governor of Vermont's statement about their new gun laws is really a road map in a way. Vermont folk are used to being free and are not huge fans of regulations. When I read the Governors words I thought to myself that he captured the whole plan in one sentence. We are finished.

"It doesn't take away guns, and I believe that we will get accustomed to the new normal"
    Wow. I don't know anything about him other than what is posted above (and that being elected by the traditionally free people of Vermont), but just based on the above, we ought to consider him for president some day.

He is a Republican who just a few weeks ago re-affirmed his pro gun stance. After the florida shooting he changed his stance and gladly signed Vermont's first gun control legislation into law. But don't worry, we'll get used to it. I guess gun control is like a new pair of shoes. You have to break them in a little before they get comfortable. Jak is on point with the cigarette analogy. It took 20 years but cigarettes are pretty much going the way of the Dodo. obama lied. Elections do not have consequences.

Public Enemy #1

Public Enemy #2

When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I guess i misunderstood the quote by 180 degrees. I thought it meant a gun control law was pushed through which he disagree with, not one which he apparently thought didn't go far enough? If that is the case, he is just like so many others to jump on the band wagon of feel good legislation which accomplishes nothing more than infringement.

JGW

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by JGW View Post
    Wow. I don't know anything about him other than what is posted above (and that being elected by the traditionally free people of Vermont), but just based on the above, we ought to consider him for president some day.
    "traditionally free people of Vermont"----Keep in mind the "free" people of Vermont have been voting for Bernie Sanders since 1968.........

But WAIT! There's more! Only thing I can say is WTF Vermont----What the hell is in the maple syrup?

"13-year-old running for Vermont governor highlights gun control in platform"

"Ethan emphasized that he is respectful of the state’s prominent hunting culture."

“It's a culture that I respect," he said. "But if it's making the decision between letting my friends have a good time at a firing range and them possibly being involved in a school shooting, I'm choosing legislation to protect them from that school shooting."

Gheez, that's really nice of Ethan.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...gun-control-on

Greg, I have family in Vermont. About 30 or so years ago new yorkers, connecticutians? and massachusettsians? seemed to start migrating there because it really was a nice place. Hey, the General opened a ski lodge there when he retired True to form these immigrants starting politiforming the place as they couldn't cope with all the freedom. Where did sanders come from? brooklyn, n.y.

Look at the pictures of Public Enemy #1. Tell me he doesn't look like he belongs in the hitler youth or something? Ever see him speak? He thrusts his hand in the air with a clenched fist and the crowd goes wild. Very hitleresque.

Public Enemy #2 is just an angry lesbian whose grandparents escaped the castro regieme. I'm sure they're proud of her.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Greg, I have family in Vermont. About 30 or so years ago new yorkers, connecticutians? and massachusettsians? seemed to start migrating there because it really was a nice place. Hey, the General opened a ski lodge there when he retired True to form these immigrants starting politiforming the place as they couldn't cope with all the freedom. Where did sanders come from? brooklyn, n.y.

It seems the "transplant" thing goes on just about everywhere. Saw it happen when we lived in New Mexico. A bazillion acres of BLM land to use however you wanted just as long as you didn't mess with Nat'l gas rigs and equipment. "THEY" came from the EAST and pressured the BLM to block access roads. "THEY" wanted coyote hunts banned. And so forth and so on. Seems like that's just how it all works until they change shit enough so they create the same bad issues they fled from but by that time it's too late to do a reset.

Glad I'm old and won't have to deal with 13 year old Governors.