Thread: Bucket list Refurbish.

Bucket list Refurbish.

IMG_1135.jpg

You good folks likely know what this is. What it is out of, maybe not so much. The postie delivered my AI AR-10 Sudanese contract today. It is a bubba'd abomination that need more than a bit of TLC to make it presentable. I have disassembled most of the lower but now I need some answers and guidance before I break something irreplaceable. First, how does the handguard come off? Do I have to take the front sight off to get the one piece fiberglass part off? Also, the previous owner painted the stock parts with crap black paint, it scrapes off with a fingernail but the not so crap red primer underneath is tough as f**k. I want to get to the original brown fiberglass and would like to know what paint remover would work without compromising the fiberglass. Any suggestions? Thanks up front, ZB.

I know guys use Citristrip on synthetic M14 stocks as a stronger stripper can turn the stock to mush. Might give it a try?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Why can't I get one of those?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Why can't I get one of those?
    Because you are STUPID and insist on living in a $h!thole.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Because you are STUPID and insist on living in a $h!thole.
    Yeah, I tell my father-in-law that lives near The Clown the same thing - he could sell his century-old tear-down of a house and buy a mansion here in Texas and live quite well off of investment properties bought with the leftover cash!

Eli

I'm all for these folks getting out of new york so long as they are truly conservatives. What typically happens is those who live in the city go and move, get to another place and want services, vote for those who will give them those services, the government leviathan grows in the new place, government grows and gains more power, the new place becomes just like the old.

In essence, those who move now tera form the new place into exactly the dump they left.

Determined to get this apart, I have the upper almost stripped. Question again, would the barrel nut be the same size as a new .308? Looks like I be needing a set of vise blocks and a armorers wrench and want to be sure to get the right one.

This is one massive bolt carrier. I'm thinking it's stainless steel as well.IMG_1137.jpg