Thread: Quality of NM Rear Sights / Front Sights

Quality of NM Rear Sights / Front Sights

All - I want to get a set of NM, hooded aperture rear sights and NM front sight. USGI are expensive. Fulton sells commercial, as do others.

Any experience with the quality of the ones Fulton / others sell?

JGW

I bought a NM rear site from sarco and it seams fine

I got a rear NM rear hooded aperture from sarco about a year ago. seems fine i'm sure its probably a repo, don't have a GI one to compare it to. $34.95 I just ordered a couple from midway Krieger $34.99. I'll compare them when they get here and post.

Greg

Thanks. Please do post your impressions of them.

JGW

I got my Krieger NM rear sight aperture from midway today. I really like it. The hood is a little larger than the one I got from sarco a couple years ago and it is a little over sized on the runners. The one from sarco required no fitting( fit with a little play like the standard one). It took me about 5min to fit using a fine small file. Fit nice and tight with very little to 0 play. All in all a nice site for a reasonable price $39.99 Perfect for someone like me who wants to up grade their rear sight but does not have the need or want to spend the $$ for a true NM set.
    Greg
    Beltfed addict WWII nut

Thank you.

JGW

Quote Originally Posted by GBYENKO View Post
    I got my Krieger NM rear sight aperture from midway today. I really like it. The hood is a little larger than the one I got from sarco a couple years ago and it is a little over sized on the runners. The one from sarco required no fitting( fit with a little play like the standard one). It took me about 5min to fit using a fine small file. Fit nice and tight with very little to 0 play. All in all a nice site for a reasonable price $39.99 Perfect for someone like me who wants to up grade their rear sight but does not have the need or want to spend the $$ for a true NM set.
    Greg
    you are not getting the benefits of a NM sight , what about the finer windage adjustment ? You are only using the aperture
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    you are not getting the benefits of a NM sight , what about the finer windage adjustment ? You are only using the aperture
    True. That is what I meant when I stated need for a TRUE NM set. You would also need the thinner front sight. I am not recommending this for some one wanting a competition rifle, just a fun can killer.

With my old eyes the hooded/shaded aperture really helps
    Last edited by GBYENKO; 05-06-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    Beltfed addict WWII nut