Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M1 STRIPPED RECEIVER Want to build a BM59E? Here 'ya go! Post 1/2 4 pics

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Yeah, anything can be repaired but sometimes it simply polishing a turd.

Can only imagine some of the stories Tim could tell regarding some of the receiver saving challenges he's seen.
    Not everything can be repaired. Ask Tim about my receiver that melted when pressure was applied.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    Not everything can be repaired. Ask Tim about my receiver that melted when pressure was applied.
    I'd rather you tell the story.

Well? Somebody tell us!

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Well? Somebody tell us!

Eli
    I had a receiver that was professionally repaired. If I remember correctly, it had a crack in the front leg. The first time Tim put the wrench to it, it bent like it was made out of lead. Well, the receiver goes back for further repair. When it comes back Tim again puts the wrench to it and it crumples like a cheap suit. Something had happened to that receiver at some point in its lifetime that softened the metal to the point where even Tim couldn't save it. Stu never even had the chance to try to index a barrel on that one.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

In all fairness. With the action wrench I currently use there may have been a chance but we'll never know. One thing is right though, that TIG repair just melted away like lead.

Today’s weld job worked out much better.

Glad you think so.