Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ssgtdt and fogtripper

How did this whole thing get stirred up again anyway? Like O said, who poked the bear? Did someone just forget what it was like to argue on the internet?

Anyway, I have to say I am super-duper surprised the carbine sales didn't get brought up too.
    !

I know this falls into his methodology, but just received word from Fogtripper. I was not asked to keep this private, so I am inclined to disclose on his behalf. (Emphasis Mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Fogtripper
    I found it odd how you could post in response to one party, and the other would respond instead. Very odd indeed. Perhaps Fog forgot what log-in he was on when responding?
    Once again, this is my only account. Feel free to continue to spread lies like your tinfoil hat buddy Tim.

As far as the guy who posted the "threat of physical violence", how's that selective reading?

ssgtdt/fogtripper, you want to meet me on a firing line? Heck, you have my address so come and meet me. Seems like a tall order from a chap who doesn't even use or ever give anyone their name though.
    From the very special thread Tim created that you have been posting in. You are dumb enough to consume all the garbage he produces and defend the guy. Truly sad.

You idiots really have no idea how damaging his idiocy is to your club. But hey, it was only formed for a cheaper way to qualify for purchases. Charlie should be ware of the actions of his founding members or he himself will get a surprise audit, courtesy of the people who are taking note of Sean's & Tim's meltdowns.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 05-15-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    How did this whole thing get stirred up again anyway? Like O said, who poked the bear? Did someone just forget what it was like to argue on the internet?

Anyway, I have to say I am super-duper surprised the carbine sales didn't get brought up too.
    Tickets number 3, 4, 5
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    As were your thoughts above Sir. I just wish what you had written above could have been shared there.

Unfortunately the CMP thread you linked has been shutdown, but not before the threat of physical violence from the OP. No doubt, he's here in spirit.

I found it odd how you could post in response to one party, and the other would respond instead. Very odd indeed. Perhaps Fog forgot what log-in he was on when responding?
    Post 57 was indeed stellar. I'd join the guy who wrote that any day on the firing line I'm a little surprised though because I saw fog tripping once at the CMP and it just wouldn't do well with a firing line soiree. The guy was wearing one of those doctors mirrors and "inspecting" every damn gun barrel in the North Store. I have no idea what it was trying to accomplish but it was damn funny.

The mirror was one of these jammies.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/19C-ANTIQUE...-/291121207033

Got started like this:
    1. Charlie, he runs the M1CC, goes to the South Store and try's to gather data about what's going on at the CMP, pictures, back story's...
    2. Charlie posts these photo's on the pages he runs on facebook as well as any backstory. It's a service he offers frequently in lieu of a magazine (I'm just guessing on this as I'm not an officer of the M1CC).
    3. Charlie started getting requests from the CMP to remove his pictures for whatever reason they gave. On the surface I can understand that if the reason's are valid.
    4. Problem, gca comes out with video and has footage in it of the same areas and scenes that Charlie's photo's pictured.
    5. No request from the CMP to remove that though, hell they participated in it.

Now, the gca and the M1CC are both equal clubs and of the same exact standing in regards to CMP purchases and such. If the CMP wanted the M1CC to remove photo's until "X" date and then all clubs could post them, that would be fine, that's not what happened. The gca put up their "scoop" piece and the CMP never contacted the M1CC to tell them that they could put up their photo's.

This is the story to the best of my knowledge. I do not pretend to know every detail of the above scenario. I do know that Charlie used to have a decent relationship with Orest and Orest even took him around the CMP, plus allowed photo's. Since Mr. Johnson took over, it is my impression that that sort of courtesy has been lacking. It is also my understanding that Charlie has been sent off on his own to take his own photo's, well he did and then was told to take them down.

Again, Charlie can add more to this but I believe he's on vacation right now.

Finally, Sean posted this issue on one of the M1CC facebook Garand pages that Charlie runs with a following of 20,063 members.
    Then fogtripper/ssgtdt got in on it and brought a link of the facebook conversation over to the CMP. The guy couldn't get enough of the drama over on the CMP.

I think that roughly sums it up.

I see. Double standard.
    !

I see. Double standard.
    Sean knows more about this than I do. I did my best to capture the flavor of this crap pile. I think Sean may be around soon, he's out at some PTA thing he runs.

The Facebook thing got all out of sorts. It wandered into all sorts of areas that were off topic. I am partly to blame for that but I really have no idea how to explain to folks that the CMP is not a private company, they are a quasi government agency and they live off of and are funded by tax payer assets. This detail is very important to the argument. If the CMP was started by hard working American's, with their own money, buying their own stuff, with their own money, then I couldn't possibly care less who they give access. Trying to get that light bulb to go off in folks so that they get what the CMP is and isn't is not so easy.

When you try and explain to people that the CMP is a government defacto agency they immediately say that the CMP paid 4 or 5 million dollars for the 960,000 Philippine rifles. Well, the CMP did NOT pay 4 or 5 million dollars for those rifles. The CMP paid 4 or 5 million dollars to have those rifles shipped, stored, fumigated and whatever other service was required to get them from there to here. The CMP paid exactly $0 for the rifles though. That's roughly $40 to $50 per rifle for all shipping and fumigating and this is the total cost of sale from port to port. There is NO company in the United States that would turn down a COS of $45 to make $650 on average. Even after taking into account their employees, if they run the same type numbers as other free market enterprises, the CMP might get to a total Cost Of Sales of $100. Those are freak numbers and I know I'd love to have a mark up anywhere near that. See, I went into the weeds again.

Every time I post here, Foggy is with us. Has been for years.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Dogboysdad is referencing his signature line "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum" Fogtripper 1-6-10

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    We really need this right now...
    https://youtu.be/1jjcxFGEysE
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)