Thread: "Sarco M1 Garand / BM59 Partially Finished Receiver With Threads, With Modification"?

"Sarco M1 Garand / BM59 Partially Finished Receiver With Threads, With Modification"?

All - Sarco is selling for $89.00 what is described as "M1 Garand / BM59 Partially Finished Receiver with Threads, with Modification". Then:

RECEIVER CASTINGS! M1 Garand / BM59 partially finished receiver as described above with receiver threads and modification.

An $89.00 receiver, if proper dimensions, well done, etc. would make a BM59 build way more affordable. But $89 seems very inexpensive, and I would hate to spend that on a paper weight.

What's the story on these? Are they suitable for a BM59 build? Pros / cons?

Thanks,

JGW

Figure in all the machining work, heat treatment, Park, etc. and the savings quickly disappear.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Ok, that makes sense. Especially when I have none of those abilities. I didn't realize the additional work that would be required. It would likely be more cost effective to by a CMP rifle, if only for the receiver, and sell the rest as parts, or keep for spare parts.

JGW

Unless you can do all the machining yourself, there’s over $750 of work needed on these to finish them
    [SIGPIC]

Unless you can do all the machining yourself, there’s over $750 of work needed on these to finish them
    [SIGPIC]

I really wish that those receivers were never offered for sale. The time I take with the poor souls who have purchased them, that I am not interested in working on them, is mind numbing. Someone out there may be interested in doing them but I don't know who that someone is.

Cadet
    I knew I was going to end up here sooner or later!!! I was wondering about those receiver myself and could not find any good review or comment beside the fact that they are cheep! I've been waiting now for more than a month the get a response from "Sarco" about them! Cheap, no response to me is no deal. Question for all, is it possible to find a BM59 receiver or do I have to go the M1 way and do a BM work?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
    I knew I was going to end up here sooner or later!!! I was wondering about those receiver myself and could not find any good review or comment beside the fact that they are cheep! I've been waiting now for more than a month the get a response from "Sarco" about them! Cheap, no response to me is no deal. Question for all, is it possible to find a BM59 receiver or do I have to go the M1 way and do a BM work?
    Bm59 receivers are select fire. IF you can find one (highly unlikely), it's going to be expensive and you're going to need all the BATFE crap and wait to get it. You'll save yourself thousands of dollars and about a year of waiting if you just get a garand receiver and have it modified
    [SIGPIC]

Cadet
    Seaninmich, sorry for my quick and not very clear post! You are absolutely correct and I should have elaborated a little better. Believe me, I have already had a lot of experience (fun) with the BM59 with selective fire, shooting I don't know how many thousands of rounds, when I was instructing in the Italian Military. When I said BM59 receivers I was referring to one of the M1 receiver with the modifications already done (if available) or starting from scratch with a fresh M1 receiver and do the mods within BATFE regulations. Than again I said I when in reality I mean Tim. I know that I could buy a rifle already completed, but.....that's is too long of a story!
    Last edited by Lucio; 12-18-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Junior Cadet

"Sarco M1 Garand / BM59 Partially Finished Receiver With Threads With Modification"

Well....I couldnt resist the temptation so Ive ordered an Argie kit from Sarco last week.....my CC has been debited that means that the kit is on its way...I hope This is insane....I am addicted

If you beloved this article therefore you would like to receive more info about Is Dark Souls the hardest game ever nicely visit our own web site