Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Prices of M1 garands are crazy

The Prices of M1 garands are crazy

Looking on GB for garand stuff, Receivers ect. Can not believe the crazy high prices for late post war guns especially H&R's $2500-$5000. I realize that these are asking prices and nobody will pay that much, but there are a lot at crazy high prices.
    About ten years ago I paid a premium price for a collector grade M1($1200) but the rifle appeared unissued wood is rough not oiled smooth park excellent I wonder what the honest value is now. This is the only M1 or for that matter the only rifle I own that I have never shot. It is not for sale!!
    Here are some pictures for those of you that wood like to see.
    Attachment 2538Attachment 2539Attachment 2540Attachment 2541Attachment 2542
    Attachment 2543Attachment 2544Attachment 2545Attachment 2546Attachment 2547
    IMG_0978.jpgfullsizeoutput_6ac.jpg

The two dings/gouges on the stock are the only blems on the rifle

Tried to edit to add more pictures it didn't work, still trying to figure things out
    Greg
    Last edited by GBYENKO; 06-06-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    Beltfed addict WWII nut

Beltfed addict WWII nut

Beltfed addict WWII nut

I'm in Texas, and have found that if I am patient and visit the local gun sites regularly, I can get a much better than "normal" or "average" deal. My experience is that if I give myself a month or two, I can buy a rifle for 20-30% under gunbroker "average". If you're not in a hurry, then just browse till you find something. If you are in a hurry, then get it and have fun!

JGW

Quote Originally Posted by JGW View Post
    I'm in Texas, and have found that if I am patient and visit the local gun sites regularly, I can get a much better than "normal" or "average" deal. My experience is that if I give myself a month or two, I can buy a rifle for 20-30% under gunbroker "average". If you're not in a hurry, then just browse till you find something. If you are in a hurry, then get it and have fun!

JGW
    Just looking for deals, just hard to believe what some people think there shit is worth. More than I'm going to pay.
    Greg
    Beltfed addict WWII nut

When I go to gun shows, I see the same people with same rifles at the same high prices.
    I guess the sellers will wait for years to find that one person who will pay their price.

When I occasionally sell my stuff at a show, I try to sell it at a fair price. I won't give it away,
    but I am leaving the show with money in my pocket while the other guys are taking home all the
    same stuff they carried in.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    When I go to gun shows, I see the same people with same rifles at the same high prices.
    I guess the sellers will wait for years to find that one person who will pay their price.

When I occasionally sell my stuff at a show, I try to sell it at a fair price. I won't give it away,
    but I am leaving the show with money in my pocket while the other guys are taking home all the
    same stuff they carried in.
    Funny... I notice the same thing. The best part is when you do sell to a "dealer"and you see that same piece on his table years later.
    !

I stopped buying CMP garands years ago. If I take my time and look I can find nicer rifles at just alittle higher price but I know what I am going to get
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I have purchased all of my M1s in person at the North and South stores. I spent a few hours each trip checking them out, until I find some that I wanted to buy. Guess it's been
    2014 since I purchased any.100_3190.jpg

One of these days I'll make it to the north store to hand pick one, I've never ordered one but have bought CMP rifles from others at very reasonable prices. I do have a stripped receiver coming that might find its way to shuff, or a complete rifle haven't decided yet lol