Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Motors Sticks It To Us Againl

General Motors Sticks It To Us Againl

The American Taxpayers lost 11.2 billion dollars in the general motors bailout so now the automotive giant is going to employ 15,000 mexicans at $3 an hour to build the new Blazer. Why aren't the libtards screaming about the exploitation of the poor mexicans? I hope trump sticks it to gm without lube.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Yeah,HUUUUUUUGE tarrifs.
    They worked so well on Canada that a 2x4 that cost me $2.25 six months ago now costs me $7.30. At least Boise Cascade stock I bought at $14 went to $45. Glad we're winning the trade war, hate to see what losing looks like.
    But I do agree with you Punch, the bailout is right up there with saving the banks that gave loans to unqualified buyers in my book.
    I'm just so tired of other people spending all my money before I can.

Bob, I am against tariffs but I am also against giving my hard earned money to some private company so they can turn around and stick it to us. gm can make the car in Ohio.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    I dont know how to hurt them other than just not buy. My family has been GM loyal for generations. No longer. I'll be buying the retirement car soon and am embarrassed but have to admit I don't know what's made where anymore. But be sure I'll find out and when I do I'll spend accordingly, I don't care if it's Honda. Loyalty goes both ways, should anyway. I'm still expanding my boycott of unfriendly to gun owner merchants as I learn, and since money is all that matters to these bastards all, money is the tool I have to use. I'm not even sure my vote counts anymore, but I keep pluggin on there too. Hell, it's all we can do.

I don't stick it to any manufacturer, unless they are openly anti Bill of Rights. No bail outs, no requests for a bail out, do those things and I don't care where they make their crappy cars. I'll consider buying anything from anyone (almost, remember Bill of Rights) and I don't care what they pay their employees or who their employees are. I do prefer to buy NON union so my money does not go to the democratic national committee.

Well "The Wall" wont work so they have to do something to try and keep them on the other side of the river...………….
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe we had a conversation about the re-organization of general motors who changed their name to general motors from general motors and screwed all the debt holders out of a settlement? On top of stealing billions of taxpayer dollars.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I only buy vehicles made before 2005,I can't see paying more than a lot of houses in my area for a plastic piece of junk that I can't even work on myself
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe we had a conversation about the re-organization of general motors who changed their name to general motors from general motors and screwed all the debt holders out of a settlement? On top of stealing billions of taxpayer dollars.
    Yeah, and Takata went bankrupt so I'll be waiting until the 12th of never for their air bag recall on my 2 trucks.
    Stu you are so friggin funny, I really enjoy you. It's just too bad the flip side of comedy has always been tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    Yeah,HUUUUUUUGE tarrifs.
    They worked so well on Canada that a 2x4 that cost me $2.25 six months ago now costs me $7.30. At least Boise Cascade stock I bought at $14 went to $45. Glad we're winning the trade war, hate to see what losing looks like.
    But I do agree with you Punch, the bailout is right up there with saving the banks that gave loans to unqualified buyers in my book.
    I'm just so tired of other people spending all my money before I can.
    I'm having a hard time understanding how a 20% +/- tariff is resulting in a 3X price increase, sounds more like a demand outstripping supply issue!

Eli