Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Motors Sticks It To Us Againl

Eli, It's a case of sleight of hand. boise-cascade can pay an extra .03 for a 2x, and then raise the price %30. Now home depot can raise it another 30 and the news media will blame the entire thing on Trump.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    2x4x8 $3.57 Needed a couple today and that was the price. And plus sales tax of course 5.1%. Even managed to pick a couple from the bunk that did not look like bananas.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    2x4x8 $3.57 Needed a couple today and that was the price. And plus sales tax of course 5.1%. Even managed to pick a couple from the bunk that did not look like bananas.
    Using 2x4x12 on this one, 10' plate height + block = 11.33 ft = $7.30. Was $2.25 6 mos ago. I think your $3.57 2x4 was about $1.50 then.

Here's the link- HD isnt much higher thanLumberyard. I use the private yards for the main orders, then send guys for pick-up orders to fill in.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-in-x-4...4x12/206804061

And that's just #2-btr- the "prime" in the ad is "prime bs"- like Ord says, good for rocking chair use.
    Then to add insult to injury sales tax here this week is I believe 9.75%

'scuse me- just checked- 9.5%
    Last edited by Bob W; 06-24-2018 at 02:10 PM.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding how a 20% +/- tariff is resulting in a 3X price increase, sounds more like a demand outstripping supply issue!

Eli
    Eli, you're in construction too so you know the hard and fast supply/demand issues that used to rule economics in a mildly predictable manner have eroded to almost complete fabrication. Like OPEC shortages. Hell, every time you guys get over 1/4" of rain down there they call it a tropical storm threatening to become a hurricane and plywood doubles out here.
    Example; If Canada slows production by only 10% then in anticipation like Punch said the next stop jacks 20% and so on and it compounds like interest. Criminal, yes, but evidently not actionable. I think they should be tried for Racketeering, not Anti-Trust.

Patriot
    Ah. 12 foot, there you go. Yeah about the same price here. You need to be VERY specific--am a 2x4 illiterate. Probably from too many 2x4 blows to the head.