Thread: Internet Tax

Internet Tax

I'm all in favor of it. If I make a purchase from my computer and have it shipped to me I have no problem paying my sales tax. I'm sure new york will consider it's sudden windfall and reduce the sales tax rate to accommodate. new york would never use all that money and spend it on social programs.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Absolutely, that 5-10% edge (depending on State tax rates) that online sellers have out of the gate contributes to the death of the retailers who maintain a physical presence. We are seeing Malls close and Mom and Pop outfits fold up. As much as I like to save 9 3/4% when I can I would rather keep a more level playing field. I don't like any business (ahem...cmp, amazon, ebay) to have any unfair advantage.
    How do our friends here with online businesses feel about this all? Do you think it's going to hurt you guys? You know we all support you, but what about in general?

Patriot
    Sales tax---if everyone is required to collect it, should not make too much difference since it just becomes another line on the invoice at checkout.
    Last edited by ordmm; 06-23-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Hey, my post was filled with sarcasm.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Hey, my post was filled with sarcasm.
    Got the sarcasm directed towards NY but missed it on the sales tax. Probably because I know you don't mind contributing to social programs.

Greg I agree- key being "if everyone is required to collect it" as you say

I cannot stand an internet sales tax. It is not just a cost to consumers it is also a burden to sellers. Administratively I cannot stand added paperwork.

I will apply the same standard to the internet sales tax that I do to firearms freedoms... NEVER give an inch.

I would rather look for ways to have retail in my State not to pay tax instead of looking for ways to get more tax.

Let's not forget other holes in the bottom of the tax bucket that still exist if we are really concerned about "a level playing field". It is a very common occurrence to have Company "X" either threaten to leave City "Y" or propose to come to City "Y". City "Y" then proposes to waive all taxes for Company "X" to persuade them to either stay or to come. This creates a scenario where the rest of the City tax payers have to subsidize Company "X" while said Company enjoys all the services of said City. This happens with not only large manufacturing but with football and other sports teams. City's are not the only one's who do it either, the State level government is famous for it as well. Level playing field my arse.

Whenever you have a chance, starve government, dismiss government, demean government, forbid government from taking even the smallest token of your freedoms. Fight not to have any entity taxed more but instead fight to have all entity's taxed less.

Hopefully this will get more people on the flat-tax, or other alternative tax system, bandwagon.
    !

I remember in the mid 90's the Toys Я Us near me built themselves a brand new store to replace the existing one. At that time I remember saying that they were wasting their time as their days were numbered. The govt isn't here to subsidize dead technology. I sold off my entire collection of film cameras because there was very little film to choose from and processing was getting very expensive. The govt didn't help the film camera industry so why should they help the brick and mortar store.