Thread: Bula defense?

Bula defense?

What’s the verdict on bula defense receivers? Are they good to go or just another flash in the pan forged company? Thanks for the input.

No comment on the receivers. I'm not happy with the barrels though. Repeated complaints by gun writers, folks at the M14 forum, and my own customers, tell me that the barrels are not ready to be on my shelves.

That’s too bad. There have been a few companies that pop up offering forged receivers tryin to compete with lrb, but they seem to miss the mark when it comes to in spec, quality pieces.

First off I do not have any 1st hand experience with Bula Defense offerings.

That being said, hear some great things about their products from one or two people on the CMP forum. Then I've heard about their barrel issues from more than just a few. Never have I heard about any receiver issues though.

I've built a few M14 clones on Fulton receivers and see no reason to change. Forged is just not necessary for the purposes of the normal shooter.
    !

Nothing but great things to say about Fulton's carbine receivers. I'v personally assembled on those.

I can purchase the Fulton or the Bula right now for the same price. Price is not as big a factor as getting a quality piece. The cast and forged issue, doesn't bother me really. A bad receiver is just that, whether cast or forged. I have always heard that the Fulton receivers go together very well, glad to hear you echo that Tim.

Fulton M1A receivers are good to go...………..
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    Bula is now producing receiver and barrels again with an emphasis on better QC according to those in the know over at the m14Forum. They’re due to be released soon and hopefully they will be better than the last batch that got released.