Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BM 59 what is the fix for bolt stop pin falling out ?

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    When I build a rifle for you they come standard, have for a few years, with the bolt securely fastened with either a roll pin or E clip.
    so YOUR BM59 bolt stop actually works? interesting. I wonder why JRA doesn't do this...
    [SIGPIC]

Junior Cadet
    Stop works fine, feeds good, no issues with reloads. If you really push on the mags they rock a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchman View Post
    Stop works fine, feeds good, no issues with reloads. If you really push on the mags they rock a bit.
    Probably because your mag lip is sliding past the receiver apron where JRA made the apron to thin, common issue. You can, if you try, actually push the front of the mag up and through the receiver.

Junior Cadet
    It looks like the rear of the mag lips bottom to receiver but the front location is a bit to far up away from the mag lips. It touches if I rock it and it does not go past (but yes it is idealy to wide and to short)
    Well I chucked the bolt stop pin in the lathe cut a grove .010 deep and installed the e- clip. Easy peazy.
    I'm kinda a shamed how much I like my crappiest rifle. The recoil impulse seams so much nicer than a m14 type rifle.
    Last edited by Matchman; 08-08-2018 at 09:39 PM.