Thread: CMP accepting M1911 pistol order packets, today!

CMP accepting M1911 pistol order packets, today!

Hello Battle Tested Friends!

Today, 4 Sept 2018, the CMP is accepting post marked order packets for the US military surplus M1911/A1 semi-automatic pistols!

You can download the forms at the CMP 1911 pistol website: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

Order packets will be accepted through 4 October 2018. On 5 October 2018, they will begin to enter names from complete packets into their random number generator.
    SO, the first name entered doesn't, necessarily, get to be the first person contacted to order. Your name could go first and receive the very last number just as your name could
    be entered last and receive number 1. I guess that is they only way they feel that they can make it fair and not a post office/mail race.

My packet is being mailed out today. I don't really need a 1911, but if I can have a chance to guy a Service Grade, I might as well. Will go well with the retro AR rifle that I am assembling.

So, Gear up and fall in! Get those packets out!

I'm just not jazzed about this at all for some reason. At one point I really wanted a GI 1911, I don't know what happened.
    !

Totally understand. I am not all that excited about it myself, but I thought I would send in a packet and see what happens. It was difficult to find a US Notary, here in Afghanistan. I was sent to another base to get a new ID and took along the paperwork. I asked around and actually found one. Then I had to pack up all the documents and send it home to the STates with a guy going on leave. He mailed it to my sister. Am having her mail it to the CMP. UGH! Will keep ya'll informed through this thread.

Good luck!!
    !

So let me get this straight. The CMP will only allow FedEx to make a single delivery attempt and if the FFL is not available it gets returned to the CMP? I understand the whole "It reduces the change of it getting stolen" but how many tens of thousands of guns are shipped FedEx every single day without a problem?

Sometimes my brain just can't understand this type of logic. In the business world, once you ship a product, it's technically no longer your responsibility. You take the money you ship the package. If there is a loss/theft you start the process of either filing a claim or have the shipper attempt to locate.

Quote Originally Posted by stratochief View Post
    So let me get this straight. The CMP will only allow FedEx to make a single delivery attempt and if the FFL is not available it gets returned to the CMP? I understand the whole "It reduces the change of it getting stolen" but how many tens of thousands of guns are shipped FedEx every single day without a problem?

Sometimes my brain just can't understand this type of logic. In the business world, once you ship a product, it's technically no longer your responsibility. You take the money you ship the package. If there is a loss/theft you start the process of either filing a claim or have the shipper attempt to locate.
    Can you please cite the source or provide a link to where you saw this information about only a single delivery attempt? I just read the latest update for 6 November at www.thecmp.org and see no reference to this.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jason60chev View Post
    Can you please cite the source or provide a link to where you saw this information about only a single delivery attempt? I just read the latest update for 6 November at www.thecmp.org and see no reference to this.

Thank you
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=236904&page=3

Reference post 21 from cmp1911admin

Quote Originally Posted by stratochief View Post
    I am having difficulty getting this link to open. I just emailed the dedicated CMP 1911 email address and asked them point blank about this, requesting confirmation or denial and an official advisement on the 1911 update page.

Will advise their rep,y....if any

It may be written into the rules that the CMP has to abide by that FedEx is only allowed one delivery attempt. If I were the CMP I would have abandoned this endeavor a long time ago. It’s been nothing but a headache and very few thanks for them. And when people complained that they didn’t follow thru with the 1911’s I’d just point the finger at the whiney posts on the forum and the hoops set forth by the law. Perhaps after all that sank in I’d give it another shot a few years down the road.
    !

Patriot
    View the whole 1911 sales thing as potential entertainment. Something new.

The old "my M1 has bends in the op rod" or "how did the CMP test fire my rifle with a chamber and bore filled with grease" will be replaced with tales of barrel bushings and such launching across the room upon disassembly. And the puzzlement over the the grip bushing coming out of the frame along with the grip screw. Oh yeah...and the wonderment of the rack number on the grip----"my buddy says that his CMP 1911 has the number 1 means it was at Iwo Jima".

Oh and the butt hurt that will be displayed by some of the more particular and picky buyers who get a real turd and go all Amazon and demand satisfaction even though they have had the gun 3 months. (generally that's code for the credit card billing is due and with the holidays.......)

Yep, Gonna be some real gems I'm betting.