Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Italian TIPO-2 Garand is completed

Took the Tipo-2 to the range the other day. 100 yard INDOOR range!!! Tampa, Florida.

Anyway.....fired a few sighters at 50 yards to see where it was, then slow fire confirmed at 100 yards.
    After that, I only had a couple of clips left plus what was left in the magazine, so I just let loose......
    these shots are rather closely separated by a few seconds or as long as it took to bring the sights back onto the target,
    so please don't gripe about the grouping. The muzzle ME on this is 1.5 (SIAU 1967 Barrel). Dope is 12 clicks Elevation and 4 clicks Left Windage.
    Rifle functioned well, with no hiccups. I am using a USGI length operating rod spring. I think it may need to have a 1/2" cut off, but rifle functioned fine.
    Any thoughts on this? I haven;t yet compared to my BM59SL spring. Guess I should just do that.

Trying to decide on a sling. No certain what they used....probably a mix. Think I will just use the BM59 sling; at least that is Italian. Thought about one of those
    leather M1 slings, but I think those are Greek.

Will be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!
    Rifle and first Target 2 NOV2018.jpg

Really a very fine looking piece.

I built a Tipo-2 a log time ago with a Breda receiver and a barrel from Reese (tells you HOW long ago!) Stock and handguard from Numriich. Many of the oarts are eiter Breeda or Beretta. Barrel is one of the shortened and rechambered GI barrels, 2 and 2 readings. Shooting it is very different from a 30-06 in feel.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jason60chev View Post
    Rifle functioned well, with no hiccups. I am using a USGI length operating rod spring. I think it may need to have a 1/2" cut off, but rifle functioned fine.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Everyone always tells me they use standard length op rod springs,but that was never the case for me,I had to remove coils because It would never function properly with standard spring.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)