Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alittle Teaser........NOW WITH MORE PICS

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Bill,congratulations,it looks great!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Rifle arrived and I have done a complete tear down clean and lube. This is a very interesting rifle,bolt has similarities to the AR. Rifle has a lot of parts, couldn't imagine doing this in the field. Have a new forearm and recoil spring on order. Then a range report
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Cadet
    One of the Scare Canyon Ranch friends we built a cabin for was a member of the para-marines before they got folded into the 5th Mar-Div. He talked to me at length back in the 90's about his issue Johnson rifle. They turned them in before Iwo Jima for M-1's but he said when they jump qualified they had a case and dismounted the barrel for the jump making it a more compact package. I used to load .30 carbine for him and he said if he could find one he would have bought it without hesitation. Congratulation's on the find. According to Riley he used his on Bougainville during that operation. Rest his soul he was a fine example of that fantastic generation.
    Last edited by SSBiggun; 02-05-2019 at 06:59 PM.

SSBiggun , Thanks for the interesting post...
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

SSBiggun , Thanks for the interesting post...…………….