Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMP 1911a1's, anyone?

CMP 1911a1's, anyone?

Anyone here send in a packet and get their number??? I sent my packet in at the last possible minute, snail mail. I didn't really care if I got one or not. Wouldn't you know it got a e-mail last week that my number was pulled. I am kinda hoping there will be Field Grades available when and if they get to me. Might be a better chance of one with original finish, or atleast worn arsenal refinish
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I bought a NIB Norinco 1911A1 recently for $525. That's about 1/2 the price of the CMP guns, for one that isn't worn out and forged from 5100-series steel. I truly don't understand the obsession with the GI surplus guns!

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    . I truly don't understand the obsession with the GI surplus guns!

Eli
    No different than Garands, Carbines ,1903's ,BM59's etc. I am in no way knocking your Norinco , I have a High Standard 1911a1 I paid $375 for a few years ago that shoots very well. Its my nightstand piece. These will only go down in price where the USGI pieces will only go up
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

I sent in an application but haven't heard anything at all.
    Don't know if it got to them or lost in the mail.

I am sort of like Orlando, won't be devastated if I don't get one but would enjoy having another piece of history.

I love the historical aspects of the various MILSURPs. I have yet to acquire a 1911, as I have a 1944 RemRand in wonderful condition promised to me. I'm not in any hurry to claim it as it will only come to me when a very good friend passes on. He's getting up there though...
    -Zorba
    "The Veiled Male"

This is why I don't care if I get one or not. I have a original 1943 Remington Rand now.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Nope,when I found out my 03 ffl was no good for this,that made up my mind for me.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Ryan, funny you should mention that. The "Safe Act" pretty much made an 03 useless around here except for discounts from certain suppliers. The 03 background check is pretty in depth and thorough. Recently some shooter that was a felon on parole with a loooong criminal record passed a NICS check with flying colors and purchased a handgun. Go figure..
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Recently some shooter that was a felon on parole with a loooong criminal record passed a NICS check with flying colors and purchased a handgun. Go figure..
    Proving, once again, it's not about criminals or preventing crime, it's about you and curbing your rights.
    !

Founding Member
    I sent in a packet pretty close to the deadline and am still hanging in limbo. The funky process makes me doubt I crossed all the t’s correctly.

If I end up on the outs, I can find a use around the house for the $1k I would’ve spent with the CMP.