Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMP 1911a1's, anyone?

cuppednlocked - I sent mine in late too and was thinking I had done something wrong but got an email this past Monday or Tuesday with my number - 79 hundred and change if I remember correctly.

Don't know what that means for my chances since I haven't been following it on the CMP forums to see what number they're up to.

I guess it's sorta like christmas now - wait and see what shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfsemperfi View Post
    cuppednlocked - I sent mine in late too and was thinking I had done something wrong but got an email this past Monday or Tuesday with my number - 79 hundred and change if I remember correctly.

Don't know what that means for my chances since I haven't been following it on the CMP forums to see what number they're up to.

I guess it's sorta like christmas now - wait and see what shows up.
    You are in unless you did something wrong in your packet. Guys with to high a number were told :
    This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Having not received anything yet, it seems I can rest easy if the CMP is sending out that info with high numbers.

I got lucky my number was 1761. Received pistol a week before Christmas. It is a 1943 Remington Rand frame with a later Remington Rand slide new barrel & bushing. Should shoot well. Fresh from rebuild.
    Tom

I was reading the CMP forum talk on the 1911's. Lots of people are getting pistols with commercial slides and many are refinished without arsenal stamps. Now the faithful are claiming that the military used commercial parts and didn't stamp all arsenal rebuilds. Revisionist history or true?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Received my RNG this morning, 12592.

This should give me plenty of time to squirrel away some fun money before I am up to bat to purchase.

I should be getting the call in the next few weeks unless I screwed up my packet...…………..
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"