Thread: Common Sense Gun Control

Common Sense Gun Control

I have a teriffic idea. It is so simple I'm surprised nobody else has thought of it. Every new firearm sold will have a small stamping or engraving saying "Not Intended For Criminal Use". It makes as much sense as all the existing legislation intended to criminalize law abiding folks. Problem solved.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    CMP beat you to the simple solution Stu, Mark already determined that by keeping the price of the 1911s up between 800-1000 it would "keep them out of the hands of criminals".

But maybe your idea could be incorporated into the requirement Kalifornia now has for mfrs to have every pistol microstamp every cartridge they fire with an ID# to obtain approval to sell that model in Ca. We know that's working too.

Cadet
    Common sense gun control by people who have exactly zero common sense. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    ...the requirement Kalifornia now has for mfrs to have every pistol microstamp every cartridge they fire with an ID# to obtain approval to sell that model in Ca. We know that's working too.
    I'm *so* glad I escaped that loony bin 2 years ago!
    -Zorba
    "The Veiled Male"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Maybe they can include a pamphlet in the box telling you that killing people is bad?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Maybe they can include a pamphlet in the box telling you that killing people is bad?
    I believe that one was already written down a few thousand years ago. People didn’t listen to it then; are we are so much more evolved that we will listen now?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"