Thread: Black Mini-G / BM-14

War Room Ready

Black Mini-G / BM-14

Well, it's not an EBR, but.....I've been wanting to try something like this- Because Black Rifles Matter-
    20190511_203632.jpg 20190511_203557.jpg California Compliant Shuff's BM-14
    20190511_205025.jpg This one.......
    20190511_204941.jpg Well....
    20190511_204838.jpg It's for Free States

No Range report yet- leaving Wed for a couple weeks, do it when I get back.
    Last edited by Bob W; 05-12-2019 at 03:02 AM.

That rifle looks scary. Needs to be banned. If it saves just one life.......
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Where's all the details? What stock, what gizmos, blah blah?

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    That rifle looks scary. Needs to be banned. If it saves just one life.......
    Too damned funny! Very nice rifle.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Where's all the details? What stock, what gizmos, blah blah?
    Thought you'd never ask...

Stock is a modified (whittled- about 4 beers) Delta 14 Chassis M1A Gen 1. (0.7 lb)
    The reason I mention that version is there is a Gen 2 which I think will solve a couple cosmetic fitment issues I had like bolt stop not lining up (appearance,not function- it works fine), trigger guard gap, and the receiver heel has the smallest overhang on one corner.
    I bought the Gen 1 because it was on clearance ($99 inc. shipping)and I figured I wouldn't lose too much if I botched it.
    The stock (chassis) takes any of the tails made for a Mossberg 500, including the conventional Magpul rifle (shotgun) stock. Problem was many of the shotgun accessories incorporate the slight downward angle of the shotgunners stocks. S0...

The tailpiece is from Mesa Tactical, is solid alum not ebay fodder plastic crap, and has the level angle I wanted- takes any AR tube. Adapters are all over for folding, AK, SK etc. so almost any buttstock really.

Buttock is mounted on a Kynshot hydraulic recoil dampener instead of normal empty buffer tube. You can use any type. Brian at No-Kick helped me determine the lower of the three adjustable levels to use. (He also told me he Loves his Mini-G) Based it on rough numbers from the Hunt America .com recoil calculator.

Trigger group from Standard and advice from Tim (THANK YOU!)

Have a bi-pod on the way and am going to pilfer the red-dot off an AR to try.
    Adding handguard and rail covers.
    Compliant handgrip is a Strike Ind. Mega-fin. It has an offset that I didn't like on an AR but it feels good on this rifle.

Also just spoke with Bill at Delta 14 and have a Gen 2 on the way for next round, and Yes, an Aluminum Chassis is in the mail. (2 lbs.)

The Shuff's BM-14- The main ingredient! Fun City!
    Last edited by Bob W; 05-12-2019 at 12:20 PM.

I was looking and the guy that designed that stock lives in Michigan. Tim, give him a call.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

How do you like the scope rail? Is it a M14.ca or Sadlak?

War Room Ready
    Quick update for any who might have been interested in this stock.
    Just got the Gen2 of the composite and the original aluminum chassis from Delta 14 Chassis.

20190515_181338-1.jpg

The Gen 2 has a wider tail so it eliminates the slight overhang of the receiver heel seen in the original. It will be better suited to any of the Garand conversions like Mini-G or BM14
    with a cleaner reveal.

20190515_181442-1.jpg

The aluminum (above in 2nd photo) is a Nice piece of work. It appears to follow the Gen 1 config. I haven't started fitment yet but it appears upon cursory inspection
    that with the steel stock liner removed, the mod Garand receiver and trigger will slip in, leaving only shortening and a little material to be removed around the receiver front and mag catch.
    Am thinking of the .35 Whelen for the aluminum.
    More later.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
    How do you like the scope rail? Is it a M14.ca or Sadlak?
    It's the Sadlak. I still haven't had this one back to the range to set the witness though. I'll do that when I've finished the new fitment.
    I think Euterpeundersail had an extra for sale a while back if you want one, dunno if he still has it.
    Last edited by Bob W; 05-16-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Bob, talked to Delta 14 today. I guess he's going to be doing phase 1 with you to see how far he has to go. If phase 1 is okay... phase 2.