Thread: Argentine Air Force Sistema.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Argentine Air Force Sistema.

I picked up this Sistema because I can't afford a USGI,and I'm really happy with it.The barrel doesn't match(it's 1698 off),but is bright and shiny.Has a faint,tiny CAI import stamp from when they were still in VT.Shoots pretty good too.I paid just over $650 shipped,not super,but within my budget.First shot was the one at the bottom of the paper,I'll admit that I'm a poor shot,but all my nerve damage and RA dictate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    Very nice pistol.

Nice! Those were cheap back in the day, finding one that hasn't had all the unique parts removed and replaced with cheap pot metal stupidity isn't easy. My first handgun was a 1948 vintage Argy Colt, I still have it and won't sell it. They're keepers, for sure!

Eli

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I just found out yesterday that there were only 4,285 that went to the Air force,so that makes me like her even more.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Looks good Humpi!!
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    Cool to have it Air Force marked! Basically, you have a clone of the USGI 1911A1. Enjoy your cool pistol--
    "I have never seen a situation so desperate that the arrival of a policeman did not make worse"
    Brendan Behan, Irish poet

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    I picked up this Sistema because I can't afford a USGI,and I'm really happy with it.The barrel doesn't match(it's 1698 off),but is bright and shiny.Has a faint,tiny CAI import stamp from when they were still in VT.Shoots pretty good too.I paid just over $650 shipped,not super,but within my budget.First shot was the one at the bottom of the paper,I'll admit that I'm a poor shot,but all my nerve damage and RA dictate
    That is a FINE ARGENTINE COLT. Be very proud of it.

The closest I'm ever getting to a P88 is my long barrel & long slide Bersa Thunder 9. If you have the slide, barrel, and spring you can make the Thunder 9 into a Thunder 40 is what I've heard. Before people realized they were military pistols I bought a Thunder 9. Then bought a complete .40. Wood grips, nice bluing.

Gotta remember, over in Brazil you had Imbel, which second to the Belgian FAL, is the FAL where I'm concerned.

Nice catch Ryan. Way better than what the cmp has been offering up.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau