Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody still support Trump?

Well, try to communicate more effectively then.

No, I am not trying to say there are no liars in politics. It has been long demonstrated that liars abound in politics going back to infinity. The problem is, there are some things you just dont lie about. You just dont do certain things and when you do them, you get zapped. For politicians, one thing they sometimes do or talk about doing is screw around with the United States Constitution. Thats something they are not supposed to tell lies about, its bad form and bad juju for a politician. When and if they do, they can get zapped.

When Trump campaigns hard like he did on support for the 2A in 2016 and I vote for him. And then he demonstrates by actions and words that he is at most a lukewarm supporter of the Second Amendment, thats more than lying. Thats something else. Hence I have the right to call him on it and not vote repeatedly for Trump. I abhore "incremental gun control." Others call it "death of a thousand cuts." I have some other names for it that are legal descriptions Im not going into. Nikita Kruschev pounded his shoe on his podium in the early sixties while exclaiming into his podium, "we will bury you." Kruschev also claimed the USA would be destroyed from the inside, from internal political changes brought about by American voters and American politicians. I am seeing this sort of thing and dont care for it.

As for saying "just dont listen if you dont like being lied to," thats a simpleton thing to tell me. Its also smartass sounding, but coming from you I take everything you say with a huge grain of salt. Its just not realistic for me to "just not listen." Im a political person, my impression of you is you are bored by politics beyond a surface level political interest. Nothing wrong with that. Thats you, it takes all kinds. You dont come over as an academic type to me.

My impression of you is you are a sports fan and like working with your hands and have some IT skills and you have some rebellious tendencies...its probably best the military turned you down way back...for whatever reason. Admin, medical such as you had a concussion or two from ice hockey, flunked a drug test at MEPS, admitted you smoked weed while during standardized questioning at MEPS, had minor youthful incidents with the law, whatever it was.

Either way, on a different and friendlier note, I congratulate you on earning more leg points and being close to becoming a Distinguished Rifleman. That is quite an accomplishment that Im confident you will achieve relatively soon. It appears the rules change regarding to optics is helping middle age guys make Distinguished a bit easier. Since the U.S. military has gone to low power optics as standardized, I think its important a Distinguished Rifleman be competent with low power optics such as the CMP changed things to.

Best Wishes,

Tyrone

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Are you trying to say there are no liars in politics? All I said was if you don’t like being lied to, don’t listen.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTwistedFock View Post
    Well, try to communicate more effectively then.

Edited down to this gem:

As for saying "just dont listen if you dont like being lied to," thats a simpleton thing to tell me. Its also smartass sounding, but coming from you I take everything you say with a huge grain of salt. Its just not realistic for me to "just not listen." Im a political person, my impression of you is you are bored by politics beyond a surface level political interest. Nothing wrong with that. Thats you, it takes all kinds. You dont come over as an academic type to me.

My impression of you is you are a sports fan and like working with your hands and have some IT skills and you have some rebellious tendencies...its probably best the military turned you down way back...for whatever reason. Admin, medical such as you had a concussion or two from ice hockey, flunked a drug test at MEPS, admitted you smoked weed while during standardized questioning at MEPS, had minor youthful incidents with the law, whatever it was.

Best Wishes,

Tyrone
    Tyrone,,,,,Just have to ask due to the condescending tone of your post. What is/was your occupation? And do you live in a primarily Democrat state by chance?

Obvious military and am guessing some kind of officer rank?

As far as my occupation and where I live, thats none of your business. I have Fourth Amendment rights to privacy, you posting here you should be aware of people's Fourth Amendment rights to privacy. When was the last time you read a copy of the United States Constitution??? I will say I do not live in a democrat state and I do not vote democrat, however.

As for any military duty in my past, once again thats none of your business but I will be nice here and answer your question.

I am not in the military and am not a Commissioned Officer. I have no military "status."

Tyrone

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Tyrone,,,,,Just have to ask due to the condescending tone of your post. What is/was your occupation? And do you live in a primarily Democrat state by chance?

Obvious military and am guessing some kind of officer rank?
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

Cadet
    How about those Astro’s?

War Room Ready
    I really commend you gentlemen in your support of the First Amendment. Allowing anyone to speak their mind, even when they appear to be attempting to incite simply for the negative energy received, as in a pretentious child.
    I have seen people try and try again to be civil, offering technical advice etc. even when the hand that feeds is bitten. You are a patient lot.
    Last edited by Bob W; 10-18-2019 at 06:33 PM.

How about those Cowboys . . . . or Redskins . . .. or 'Niners . . . or . . . .

One of the greatest things about this forum is that the VAST majority of members and contributors and "posters" are good people, perhaps with different backgounds and beliefs, . . . but good people.

And then there is the occasional Troll. It is disappointing when a member of this forum becomes a Troll. But . . . no place / no forum is perfect. Perhaps if we stop responding the Troll will go some other place?

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by JGW View Post
    Perhaps if we stop responding the Troll will go some other place?
    It has in the past. It seems to pop up about once every year or two. But to once again quote my simple but wise Grandfather- "What can you expect from a pig except a grunt?"

Bob - I think your grandfather and my grandfather must have been friends!

JGW

Hi Bob W,

Going by your tone, I have to assume you have a military background and are perhaps a military officer or an ex military officer. May I ask what state you live in and what occupation you are in or were in? Also, what service were you in, what rate or MOS did you have and what rank? What years were you in? What was your boot size in basic training and did you run in boon dockers? What kind of PT test did you take? Did you sneak outside of the base at night to go to the YMCA and play bingo? Just curious man, thanks for your service.

Tyrone

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    I really commend you gentlemen in your support of the First Amendment. Allowing anyone to speak their mind, even when they appear to be attempting to incite simply for the negative energy received, as in a pretentious child.
    I have seen people try and try again to be civil, offering technical advice etc. even when the hand that feeds is bitten. You are a patient lot.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTwistedFock View Post
    Hi Bob W,

Going by your tone, I have to assume you have a military background and are perhaps a military officer or an ex military officer. May I ask what state you live in and what occupation you are in or were in? Also, what service were you in, what rate or MOS did you have and what rank? What years were you in? What was your boot size in basic training and did you run in boon dockers? What kind of PT test did you take? Did you sneak outside of the base at night to go to the YMCA and play bingo? Just curious man, thanks for your service.

Tyrone

Also,
    How about those Astros?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold to any buyer who has got the money to buy them. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should be at reduced cost and 1,000 rounds of ammo included at no extra charge to promote marksmanship. If you want to buy M1s you certainly may buy as many as you want and hopefully part them out so more receivers are available to make cool mag fed BM59 or BM14 rifles. "Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep I always say!
    Last edited by ordmm; 10-20-2019 at 06:33 AM.