Thread: Mini-G Accessories

Junior Cadet

Mini-G Accessories

Hello! Can anyone comment on pro's and con's of mini-g accessories? For example, is a muzzle break necessary to tame the recoil of 30-06? Does the M14.CA scope mount work well? Is it drill and tap? Thank you!

War Room Ready
    Hello- Welcome! If you use the search window in the upper right corner and give it just a few key words like "M14 scope mount" or "muzzle brake" etc it will show you quite a few threads you can peruse at your leisure on any given topic, there's a wealth of info in there, way more than could be covered with a short response. Good Luck, Bob
    Last edited by Bob W; 11-14-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Muzzle brake works good. M14CA mount only requires rear sight removal. No drill and tap. Pros both work. Cons none because no permanent modifications are made so easy to return to original configuration.

Cadet
    Muzzle brake, Holbrook device, Winter trigger, Winter safety, Italian thin front sight, laminate stock, solid lower band, reflex sight base, Scout scope mount, all kinds of cool stuff to do searches on. Enjoy!

Junior Cadet
    SEI muzzle brake works well, and attenuates the flash a little. Do you need it? Not really. I would prefer an SEI flash eliminator, but SEI doesn't make one for the Garand, at present. There used to be a short muzzle brake for the BM59 that would fit.

If you're OK with trimming your stock a little, a good recoil pad (I like Kick-Eez) makes longer shooting sessions more pleasant.

National Match front & rear sights are good, but I've found the NM rear sight doesn't let in enough light for me anymore. You have to try it and see what works for you.

I prefer a scout scope. I'm using an old Leupold 2x ler scope on low Weaver mounts attached to picatinny rail I soldered to the barrel with Brownell's Force 44. Fortunately, it came out nicely. If you want to go with a scout scope, I would see if Shuff can do an Ultimak rail for you. The nice thing about the scout-type mounting is that you can use an ler scope or a red dot, and still retain use of your iron sights without having re-install them and sight back in.

And, of course, en-bloc clips, lots of 'em. I noticed some seem to be more reliable than others. Magazines, if you have a mag-fed Mini-G. I like Checkmate. They work.

Check your stock to receiver fit. If it's loose, you used to be able to get a booklet from the NRA on accurizing your M1. This included glass bedding. Follow the instructions carefully.

Have fun. Mr. Shufflin turns out some serious hardware.

I have a “bipod adapter” that has a short length of pic rail on the bottom. It clamps over barrel and gas cylinder, and slides onto the bayonet lug. I bought it to mount a light for night time hog hunting.

JGW
    Attached Images Attached Images