Thread: IHC M1 Garand restored from original barreled receiver.

IHC M1 Garand restored from original barreled receiver.

Hello Battle Tested Friends,

I have received the IHC Garand that I had assembled/restored from an original barreled receiver...Ser # 4578096, an early IHC.

It is a beautiful rifle and totally IHC, throughout.

I will not disclose how much I paid for it, as I do not want to be hammered. Y'all know how much a "correct" IHC might go for.
    Let's just say I paid toward the upper end of this. It was assembled by a reputable person who also provided a detailed build sheet, for the
    rifle. I am happy to have it and, looking at prices of IHC parts that are available from current sources, am probably better off having gone this route.

Unfortunately, I did not have time to take detailed photos. All parts are IHC, even the stock, but is stamped later than the serial.

4578096.jpgPostage stamp barreled receiver.jpg

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Looks like a fine rifle,if it makes you happy,then price doesn't matter!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

If you paid too much this year you probably didn't next year.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Punch's comment reminded me of a conversation with an amazing military arms collection. I sold him a pristine, apparently un-issued 1903A3. He was at the point he did not need any particular variant of any particular rifle. Rather, he was replacing lower quality with higher quality.

He paid me well past top dollar (I set the price high because I didn't really want to sell it). He made a comment that has stuck with me when purchasing as a collector: "You cannot pay too much, just too soon".

Thanks for the supporting comments. I read a lot of posts on the Facebook Garand groups and so many people praise the CMP, like it is the only place to buy an M1. That price is the
    only thing hat matters.
    I often point out that my collection (though begun at the CMP) has grown and expanded, to the point, where I cannot find what I am looking for, at the CMP. Sure....I could get
    an IHC Garand for about $1000 for a Service Grade/SG SPecial, but the ONLY part on that rifle that will be IHC, is the receiver. I was looking for an as complete rifle as I could find. Yeah Sure, my rifle is "assembled", but aren't they all, in reality? I figured I'd pay and get what I wanted....which required looking elsewhere.