Thread: Mini-G vs BM-14

Junior Cadet

Mini-G vs BM-14

What are the pros and cons of the two Garand variants? If one only had the resources to build one of the two, which would it be?

War Room Ready
    I don't own a Mini-G so cannot speak to that.
    I wanted a new barrel anyway so I opted to go .308 Criterion and have always preferred a magazine to enbloc.
    Those choices led me to my BM-14 with Tim's bolt catch and I've never looked back- it's my favorite rifle.
    Currently has a Sadlak scope mount, Leup 3-9 and laminate stock with scout rail.
    Also playing with composite stock (thread on black mini-g has the rifle, thread on sadlak has it in the laminate.)
    Happy with all in every configuration.
    If you have Shuff do either you will surely be happy. Fit, Function and Finish is amazing. Best of Luck
    Last edited by Bob W; 11-18-2019 at 10:07 PM.

I love my Shuff's BM14. Runs flawlessly.

Last edited by Punch The Clown; 11-18-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Still think Tim's BM14 makes great sense. The M14 mags will always be available and the BM14 just makes a great rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjTOHFbQLg (from 2013--wow has it been that long ago?)

Or, Shuff's "Mini BM14" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDN007SrVFI (from 2012 it looks like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!)

Both rifle balance quite well....And keep in mind you have a rifle built with a U.S. GI receiver.

Junior Cadet
    How's the recoil on those carbines?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen2000 View Post
    How's the recoil on those carbines?
    Very comfortable. Barely more than an M1
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Cadet
    Mini G
    Pro - enbloc clips are cheap
    Con - enbloc clips' favorite hobby is to land on your head corner first.

My vote really goes for the Mini G because of the warm fuzzies I get from using an enbloc clip. It makes it more fun

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
    Mini G
    Pro - enbloc clips are cheap
    Con - enbloc clips' favorite hobby is to land on your head corner first.

My vote really goes for the Mini G because of the warm fuzzies I get from using an enbloc clip. It makes it more fun
    Don't forget "PING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Very comfortable. Barely more than an M1
    Recoil is nice, but the muzzle blast out of the short break will blow your mind - and your neighbor’s eardrums!
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10