Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sumthin I Picked Up.................

Sumthin I Picked Up.................

Picked this up a month ago, with the weather and work schedule I still haven't got to the range with her.
    Built by Gruning Precision on a trued Winchester M70 action. 308 Krieger #6 24 inch 1:12 barrel with Vias muzzle break. Tuned trigger breaks at 1.8 lbs. Has a bedded McMillan Baker Special stock with adjustable comb. She should be a real shooter
    I picked up a Atlas bipod for her, I can see why people rave about them. These things are rock solid, very well built. Not cheap but IMO very well worth the cost , you get what you pay for.
    If anyone is thinking about buying a Atlas bipod only buy from a authorized dealer. There are cheap china copies of these being sold at a lot cheaper cost. They are even advertised as Atlas so buyer beware

"I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Love it. Look awesome.
    !

Beautiful rifle. I put the spiked feet on my bipod. I like them.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Beautiful rifle. I put the spiked feet on my bipod. I like them.
    I was wondering about the feet. I would think they are best for grass or wood? Rubber better on hard surfaces?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

I use the rubber on concrete and the spikes on everything else just about. At my club the points are made of wood so they get a good bite on that.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Beauty Orlando- Congratulations! Guess that sorta fills the M40 spot in the cabinet, eh? I like the comb on that stock. Saw an A1 at Lackland in '75 and have wished for one since.

Not really a M40, more like a M40ish. I only bought it because I thought it was a good deal and am into accurate rifles

War Room Ready
    Of course, It's a Win not Rem, but that's a long action, right? What do you think, 1/2 MOA?
    Punch, what do you get from your M24?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    Of course, It's a Win not Rem, but that's a long action, right? What do you think, 1/2 MOA?
    Punch, what do you get from your M24?
    Bob, my M24 with every accessory, including the unobtanium flash hider is hermetically sealed in the deployment case. Actually, I don't have a killflash and then it will be complete. I have never fired it. My 700PSS is very ammo finicky. On a good day with the right ammo I get around 1 moa if I remember to take a valium first.

I will give a report as soon as weather breaks, single digit temps later this week. To darn cold for me to be at the range