Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New oprod springs, myopic

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I've still never had a Canoli. I now know what a "Clemenza" is.
    Yup,...a guy that has been banned from a lot of gun shows is my understanding and also someone who charges about double what a M1 is worth.

Timmy,
    You have never had a cannoli? If you ever make it back to NYC I will take you out for one(or a dozen after youve had the first one lol) at one of my favorite places to get them, Ferrarra's on Grand street in Little Italy. Man they are slamming but not slimming to the waistline.
    Mack

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clemenza

Close to 70K of these springs have been sold and well known for their quality. For a rifle refinisher to blame one of our springs as the problem is quite Myopic. I just wanted to clear this up before the rumors and bad press starts as it happens so easily on the forums. Clemenza

Sorry, but why would a person who runs a very reputable shop hide behind an alias on the forum here? I would think that if that person felt the need to defend the product that he or she sold they would do so under their real name or the shop name. Other than maybe thinking some bashing could be slipped in without being noticed, I personally think if you are going to bash someones reputation you should at least use your real name or shop name. I saw nothing in any of the posts that bashed the springs in question. Sorry but just my take on this. Besides I like cannolis and I like guns but I thought Clemenza in the movie was nothing more than a murderer who didnt deserve to have guns or cannolis.
    Mack
    That was my response. If you bash someone at least stand up to it. What gave it away for me was the our springs. sorry I have bought from him and use his spring in my garand but i just lost some respect for him. A man who is not accountable for his actions or words is not worth my respect.
    Mack

War Room Ready
    Whats with the "squeaky" springs? I use Orion7 springs exclusively on my shooters and I can't hear any squeaks when I pull the trigger. All I hear is a loud BANG !
    As far as working it manually, who cares if it squeaks? I grease the snot out of mine and they always run quiet by hand. If you want to hear springs squeak while shooting, shoot an AR15 or AR10. I dunno about you guys but the Orion springs make the rifle feel a lot "smoother" for me when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Whats with the "squeaky" springs? I use Orion7 springs exclusively on my shooters and I can't hear any squeaks when I pull the trigger. All I hear is a loud BANG !
    As far as working it manually, who cares if it squeaks? I grease the snot out of mine and they always run quiet by hand. If you want to hear springs squeak while shooting, shoot an AR15 or AR10. I dunno about you guys but the Orion springs make the rifle feel a lot "smoother" for me when shooting.

I've heard the "squeaky" comment more than once but I couldn't agree more with the rest of your comments. I will say that Wolff springs seem to work fine for me too. The only issue I've ever had with any new spring is the firing of some rifles with LC.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I've still never had a Canoli. I now know what a "Clemenza" is.
    Tim, Don't eat the first one or you will look like Clemenza (and me.)

War Room Ready
    Slightly OT. When the CMP was selling Danish RG LW, I bought many as project and parts guns. Several had broken springs; some as much as 7 pieces. I don't believe these were ever test-fired as they also were plugged with grease.

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    Slightly OT. When the CMP was selling Danish RG LW, I bought many as project and parts guns. Several had broken springs; some as much as 7 pieces. I don't believe these were ever test-fired as they also were plugged with grease.
    Test firing is a myth. I had on SA FG delivered with a plugged barrel. I picked up one SA M1903 @ the NS once that didn't have the chamber reamed, it had a beautiful USMC barrel on it too (George grabbed it and ran it to the back). They may test some, but I would guess a very small percentage. O has come out and said the collector grades do not get test fired.

I loved the Dane RG LW's! I bought quite a few.
    !

I fear I already have made the leap.