Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New oprod springs, myopic

New oprod springs, myopic

Saw this post today,http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=49097

I don't even know if I identified the spring in question by name. I don't know how I would know what brand a spring is. I do know that oprods pistons that just meet spec, combined with gas cylinders that just meet spec, spell trouble when combined with LC ammo. I test fire rifles when I'm done with them. I currently have LC ammo to test them with. This means that if one new spring makes a rifle run while another new spring does not, I change the spring for the customer. In fact, I believe I even give the old spring back to the customer as well as my new spring.

Myopic? One would be myopic if they can't figure out that I need rifles to run with LC as well as any other "spec" ammo put through the rifle. I would much prefer a spring made by the upset spring marketer but I can't always have my way. Of course, I actually test fire the rifles I refinish.

I thought Anthony was a bigger ####s for this swipe: "I would suggest to this person to have his rifle inspected by a qualified armorer who would know better than to blame a "to spec" spring for the cause of malfunctioning of his rifle. Clemenza."

And why is the poster "misinformed'? Did Mighty Tony of Orion inspect the rifle BEFORE making his disclaimer?

And finally, when you're a major vendor in the industry, why hide? CLEMENZA? How about letting people know who you are? It's like kollector03 "thinning his herd" when everybody knows he's a dealer.....

I'm done.....

Jeff, I just didn't care for Tony's tone, why be a jackass when it isn't necessary? I use Tony's springs on about ever rifle I own or build simply because I like them. I don't know why he hides his identity? As far as Kollector03 it took me a few WTS posts to figure out that "thinning the heard=want to sell."
    Done, also.
    Bill
    I guess my point is we should treat each other like gentlemen without a bad attitude which reared it's head in the original tread on CMP. This often times happen when the post goes directly into someone's pocket book.
    Now maybe I'm done!
    Last edited by paid4c4; 07-10-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Someone sounds a little overly defensive. Sheesh! I've got one of his springs in my CMP SA SG and it's worked fine, but who knows? Maybe this is just another pristine example of "Who are you to question ANYTHING in regards to me?!" I get really tired of crap like that.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

editted until clarification.........
    Last edited by BRUTUS; 07-09-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Hmm. I didn't get the impression that Bill was sticking up for Tony's post. Am I missing something?
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Guys, no need to get upset about any of this stuff. I'm simply going on record that a spring can make a difference EVEN WHEN everything IS in spec when using LC. I much prefer to say that the LC is the problem but the fact is that people have the stuff and are going to shoot it. This leaves me with saying "use this other spring".

Regarding the guy who claimed to be Tony on the CMP, his comments were off putting and took a shot at me instead of the issue. Strong springs from any manufacturer can give issues with LC.

I guess we need to find out.........

Bill-Were you referring to Tony or me?

"I just didn't care for the tone, why be a jackass when it isn't necessary?"

Every Garand I have ever bought first thing I do is change the Op Rod Spring with one from Orion 7. Never had any issues with them myself. I did buy a couple a few months back and they were a different color than what I bought years ago.
    For whatever that means???
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Please guys, no profanity. I don't want to move this to the war room. I ask kindly for your help.