Thread: Front and rear sights

Front and rear sights

Hey guys! Have a quick question, what sights are used on the mini g? I have a socom with giant front sight and the ghost ring aperture. Are the sights on the mini g special like the socom?

GarandTom - While there are many more expert guys on this forum than I expect I will ever be, let me give this a shot (and guys, if I screw it up please correct me)!

Mini G uses standard M1 sights. Or standard National Match sights. M1 or M14. Or BM 59 sights. I've been meaning to order a BM 59 front sight from Standard Parts (link below), which is a more narrow front sight than even the NM sight (it's about .45 vs .62) which should provide a better sight picture than a standard, or even NM, front sight, due to the shortened barrel.

https://www.standardpartsllc.com/pro...&idcategory=26

JGW

JGW is correct IMHO. I used a BM59 front sight on my rifle because of the shorter sight radius.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    JGW is correct IMHO. I used a BM59 front sight on my rifle because of the shorter sight radius.
    IIRC, the BM59 front sight was designed for shorter barrel. I have some if you're shopping
    [SIGPIC]