Thread: Garand Safety Help

Junior Cadet

Garand Safety Help

Hello All,
    I'm looking for help from the Garand gurus with some safety's I have. I was going thru all my stuff and I came across 3 safety's I can't find any info on. They're all round top ones, but have WRA marking on them. Any info I can find shows WRA safety's as being flat tops. I can't locate any info on a round tops being marked WRA. Could these have been Springfield parts sent to Winchester for them to finish rifles? If anyone has any info on them I'd appreciate it. 2 of the safety's have the marking(C46015-4 WRA)down at the bottom. The 3rd on has a faint marking on the top up by the tooling hole. Thanks in advance for any help. Stay safe.

Was asked to upload better photos if I could. Here goes.. Maybe these extra pic will help.
    Again, the one that has the stamping on top by the tooling hole looks really worn out. Why would 2 be stamped crisp and clear on the bottom, and one faint on top unless it was done long ago. No real money in it to produce fakes. I've had these for longer than I can remember, 25+ years. Probably took them out of a trigger housing I broke down long ago. Thanks again for looking.

Added close ups....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-09-2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Adding some close ups

They're also marked on the wrong side. fake maybe?
    [SIGPIC]

Junior Cadet
    I had that same thought, but thought why? The markings are on the right (inside facing) side where WRA marked their flat tops, but they got marked on the top flat edge, not the bottom.To have machining to do that, for what? Never seen a faked safety, especially If you’re using the wrong type. Not like you’ve changed a $20 part into a $200 part. Nothing really to gain by it. Although 2 are marked down at the bottom, the one is marked on top, so faintly it looks like it’s been in use and worn down. May never know a correct answer, but appreciate your thoughts. We kinda think alike.

Junior Cadet
    Added close ups to the original post. Hope that helps out. Thanks