Thread: To G or Not to G

Junior Cadet

To G or Not to G

SO, several years ago I had some parts, and a field grade HRA and I sent everything to Tim. He put together an 18" Mini-G-ish rifle that is very nice. Beretta gas system and all.

Every time I get on here I see all these G's, especially the ones with the Beretta gas system, and I get the itch to send my rifle back for a do-over. And now that I've got another M1 on order with the CMP, I'm thinking of going back to 30-06.

Decisions....

Junior Cadet
    My vote is . .. go for it. I had a mag-fed 308 mini G and, this week, just got my SA 30-06 Mini G in from Mr. Shuff and shot it this morning, I really love this thing. Just took a quick pic:
    IMG_3053_2.jpg

Junior Cadet

G or Not

Quote Originally Posted by Ride View Post
    My vote is . .. go for it. I had a mag-fed 308 mini G and, this week, just got my SA 30-06 Mini G in from Mr. Shuff and shot it this morning, I really love this thing. Just took a quick pic:
    IMG_3053_2.jpg
    That's a beauty! Mine is in 308 but with a 18" barrel. I want to go back to '06 and figure while it's there do the 16" G and retain the drop down gas system.
    I just found out yesterday my CMP order is in process!! Yay! I hope to have the rifle soon. I chatted with Tim about doing my G but his vacation is coming up so I'm going to try and time the shipping so it arrives shortly after he gets back. Can't wait!!

Junior Cadet
    Did I read that right? Mr. Shuff made you a .30’06 mini g? The photo doesn’t look like it has a mag feed. So, do you still use an en bloc clip? or did I misunderstand what you had done? Thanks.

Junior Cadet
    That’s right, it’s 30-06, and still uses enbloc clips. ... so much fun to shoot! Surprisingly, I don’t see a real recoils different between my previous 308 garland and the 30-06.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride View Post
    That’s right, it’s 30-06, and still uses enbloc clips. ... so much fun to shoot! Surprisingly, I don’t see a real recoils different between my previous 308 garland and the 30-06.
    There shouldn't be any diff between the 308 and 3006. Bullet weight and fps are about the same for both rounds.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau