Thread: reclaimed m14 drill bolts

reclaimed m14 drill bolts

What's the general consensus here on reclaimed usgi m14 drill bolts. I ordered a used "refurbished" usgi m14 bolt and when I received it it shows the signs of being a reclaim on the bolt face. After getting nowhere with the seller other than them updating their site to disclose the bolts they are selling are reclaims, is it useable for a new build, good for emergency spare, or do I have an expensive paperweight? I'm leaning towards emergency spare since most info on the net is 50/50.

A few years ago they were considered a monkey with a hand grenade. Now a days since there has never been a reported failure of a recovered bolt they are considered by most to be safe to use. If you could post a couple of pics I wouldn't mind seeing them.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I will only say that I reclaimed one years ago,and it has handled a few thousand rounds...results may vary.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

https://imgur.com/a/QkdS4Fb

here are pictures of what I've got.

Reclaimed drill no doubt. Check the firing pin protrusion and if that checks out I wouldn't hesitate to use that bolt.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Junior Cadet
    Wow that looks phenomenal compared to any I have or have seen.

dpentek2001
    I would think the big factor would be who did the work. I see no reason why a bolt that was properly rewelded and machined should not hold up for thousands of rounds.