Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garand Receivers (where did they all go????)

Hasn’t Fulton been making receivers for some time?
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    I thought Tim wouldn't do conversion work on anything non-GI? Or am I wrong about that? Maybe I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    I believe only M14, not M1 Rifle - although they do offer an excellent M1 Carbine receiver that doubled from a reasonable $300 to an outrageous $600 recently.

Eli

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I believe only M14, not M1 Rifle - although they do offer an excellent M1 Carbine receiver that doubled from a reasonable $300 to an outrageous $600 recently.

Eli
    Who would even spend that on a repro? nevermind,there is always someone who would!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Who would even spend that on a repro? nevermind,there is always someone who would!
    Those particular reproductions were (in the past) LMT, and possibly better than USGI. There's a lot more parts kits than receivers out there!

Eli

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Those particular reproductions were (in the past) LMT, and possibly better than USGI. There's a lot more parts kits than receivers out there!

Eli
    If I was looking,I would spend $300 on a quality repro,but not $600.00...I am a chap a$$
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    If I was looking,I would spend $300 on a quality repro,but not $600.00...I am a chap a$$
    I didn't buy a $300 one out of laziness and procrastination, now my 'parts kit' will sit a while longer.

Eli

Junior Cadet
    There is a vendor over on Weapons Guild who is bringing an unfinished M1 Garand receiver to market soon. Considering the lack of available USGI stripped receivers at anything resembling reasonable prices any more, I wonder if this would be an option? Since Tim is modifying the USGI ones anyway, could/would he be willing or interested in giving one of these a try to see if it might provide a viable alternative to the USGI ones that would allow more of the BM-59 kits to be built out? I know the version that JRA used had a batch with some apparently serious issues, but I think these are supposed to be from a different supplier and are *supposed* to be in spec and of the correct metallurgy, albeit not completed. Tim, if you read this and are not already in touch with the guy, if you would like I would be happy to post or PM you his information once we can get the forum back opened up and running again. My ITAL kit and .308 Garand barrel are waiting on finding something for a receiver, and then coming up with the money to send you with the kit to get you to build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_from_TN View Post
    There is a vendor over on Weapons Guild who is bringing an unfinished M1 Garand receiver to market soon. Considering the lack of available USGI stripped receivers at anything resembling reasonable prices any more, I wonder if this would be an option? Since Tim is modifying the USGI ones anyway, could/would he be willing or interested in giving one of these a try to see if it might provide a viable alternative to the USGI ones that would allow more of the BM-59 kits to be built out? I know the version that JRA used had a batch with some apparently serious issues, but I think these are supposed to be from a different supplier and are *supposed* to be in spec and of the correct metallurgy, albeit not completed. Tim, if you read this and are not already in touch with the guy, if you would like I would be happy to post or PM you his information once we can get the forum back opened up and running again. My ITAL kit and .308 Garand barrel are waiting on finding something for a receiver, and then coming up with the money to send you with the kit to get you to build it.
    I have a USGI SA receiver for sale. $550 shipped. email me if you want it. [email protected]
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_from_TN View Post
    I thought Tim wouldn't do conversion work on anything non-GI? Or am I wrong about that? Maybe I misunderstood.

you are correct. USGI receivers only
    [SIGPIC]