Thread: New Mini-G owner and forum member

Junior Cadet

New Mini-G owner and forum member

Just wanted to post a quick "Hello" to everyone here and say that I'm a recent and proud owner of one of Tim's Mini-G masterpieces.

I recently discovered Tim's wizardry after sulking for many months over the fact that M1A's chambered in .308 are sehr verboten in the People Republic of Maryland, a firearm that I really wanted to add to the harem. But once I found out about the Mini-G conversion (completely legal in the PRoMD), I forgot all about that M1A Tanker and set out to find myself an M1 Garand as a donor (which turned out to be quite a fruitless adventure in its own right). While bidding on a potential donor gun, I found, completely by accident, a pre-owned Mini-G listed for sale by a gun shop in Houston as a "rare and desirable Garand Tanker model". I knew it was certainly rare and desirable so called immediately, knowing full well what I was actually looking at, and proceeded to buy the thing without hesitation. Picked her up from my FFL last week, the gun looks almost unused, absolutely immaculate as if it just got delivered from Shuff's Skunkworks in Michigan. It has everything I was planning on having done, .308 conversion, muzzle brake, full park job, the lot. As a bonus it came with a sling and Olongapo Outfitters stock mounted enbloc pouch. I shot it for the first time just yesterday, running 40 rounds of 147gr M80 FMJ through it, and I can honestly say it's been a long time since I enjoyed myself that much at the range (and I do like going to the range)! Been grinning like a Cheshire cat ever since...

Mini-G.jpg

Of my long guns, this baby has already stolen the crown as my favorite after one short range visit. I can only wonder why the previous owner sold/traded the thing. Anyway, thanks Tim (indirectly)! Oh, and the Maryland legislature can kiss my...

That looks like Tim's work alright. Nice catch. Look at the bottom of the barrel near the receiver as Tim engraved his name on some of them.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Chilipepper, I lived in merryland for a short time years ago. When I was there anything past Georgia Ave and Randolph Rd was the boondocks. Then the libtards moved in and you know the rest.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Chilipepper, I lived in merryland for a short time years ago. When I was there anything past Georgia Ave and Randolph Rd was the boondocks. Then the libtards moved in and you know the rest.
    Sure do. I'm on the eastern shore now, sees like the bay keeps them contained to the west, unfortunately we still suffer from their policies. I feel bad for our Republican guv, he's not got an easy job of it with the clowns in Annapolis behaving as they are.

Would you happen to know if Dr. Shufflin keeps records of the guns he's massaged? Was wondering if I was to slip him the serial number, maybe he'd be able to tell me exactly what was done to the gun I purchased.

I'm such a child with the thing, not a day has passed since buying it that I haven gone to the locker to gaze upon it at rest...