Thread: Trying to identify a M1D Barrel.

Trying to identify a M1D Barrel.

A buddy of mine is trying to figure out the barrel stampings on a friends M1D Garand Just in front of the SA drawing numbers are a T and a sideways U that looks like a C at first glance. Any ideas of what those 2 letters may be for? Thanks upfront folks for any help here. ZB.

"T' means the rifle was targeted.
    Could the "U" be an incomplete "P" ? P for Proof firing.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

The "T" supposedly stands for "targeted". I assume that means the barrel was air gauged. The "U" is pretty common although I don't really know what it indicates. Just make sure there is a "555" in the drawing number. I used to know all this stuff but I haven't played with Garands in quite some time. Hopefully someone will chime in.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Hey Jak, long time. I'm afraid of going into PA. for fear of being followed back to new york and arrested.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Hey Jak, long time. I'm afraid of going into PA. for fear of being followed back to new york and arrested.
    Hey Punch..... Yea, all those nasty black rifles and high capacity mags for sale at Allentown. You are not missing much at Allentown though. They recently reopened and they lost a lot of vendors. Maybe the older guys are still afraid of the virus because there are fewer tables and wider isles in the small hall. The bigger hall is still not completely full either. Some deals are still there, but mostly everything overpriced. The show a couple of weeks ago was crowded with customers but few walking out with stuff.
    Last edited by jak; 02-27-2022 at 08:04 PM.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

I was at the Oaks show a couple of weeks ago. I managed to pick up a couple of smalls but that was it. Meanwhile at Louisville folks have been scoring big time. I should have gone to that one.

Thanks folks. Ever little bit helps us cranky Canadians figure out what we have. (for now)

IF you are interested in an all military show the one at the Pocono race track is good. It's small, maybe 400+ tables but it's interesting. Even Sarco and their junk goes there. Some people display their WWII jeeps, trucks and half-tracks. Last time an auto club was racing their cars around the road course.

https://www.poconoarmsandmilitaryshow.com/
    Last edited by jak; 02-27-2022 at 08:25 PM.
    John