Thread: Another 'Help' Question

Another 'Help' Question

This time it is trigger group related. It seems that there a few folks up here in The Great White North think I an The Wizard of Garands. No, I am just a hobbyist that likes to make them work. Today I received in the mail an packet with what may be a hand grenade in it. Safety not working and so disassembly ensued. First mistake was trigger pin out with the hammer cocked. Second mistake was removing hammer pin. So.... send it to me. I look at it and am wondering what part should be sacrificed to get this thing apart. Any suggestions guys? I am up for any suggestions. Thanks upfront, ZB.

you shouldn't have to sacrifice anything. if you lack the hand strength, use a couple clamps to push everything into the position it should be. reinstall the hammer pin.
    [SIGPIC]

In a daze I once did the same thing. It was like a rubiks cube but as Sean said it will come apart
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Use a punch that is alittle smaller than the trigger or hammer pin and work it into the hole and pry the trigger or hammer back into position. Pull trigger to release hammer. Then disassemble as normal
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Use a punch that is alittle smaller than the trigger or hammer pin and work it into the hole and pry the trigger or hammer back into position. Pull trigger to release hammer. Then disassemble as normal
    This is the method that I've used.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

At this moment I have thrown it in the 'Fookin' piece o' crap bin'. I have lost any patience I had on this thing and will just leave it be until I am in a sane state of mind.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Have a beer, soak in the tub, and have another look at it tomorrow. I just did the same thing recently on an M14. It will go back together, and then come apart the correct way.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau