Thread: WTB: BM62/69 Gas Cylinder

Junior Cadet

WTB: BM62/69 Gas Cylinder

WTB: BM62/69 Gas Cylinder
    I understand some of these parts were manufactured for Standard Parts. I am interested in OEM or reproduction from Standard Parts.
    Thanks for your assistance.

They are rarer than hens teeth. Good luck. The 62 being the more difficult to find. A machinist would be able to tig weld up a bm59 cylinder and then mill the sides flat. It would be identical to a bm69
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Might have to do it the hard way, use a stripped-down standard 59 gas cylinder and have the hole and slots MIG/TIGed over then milled/filed flat.

Shuff will convert a standard BM59 gas cylinder and seal the external holes with a pinned bolt. Not sure if he can do this with a stripped cylinder, worth checking. Not quite as BM69 original looking as the suggestion above, but perhaps easier to get done and maybe less costly, depending on your access to tig welding service.
    Last edited by Nihontochicken; 04-05-2022 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Alcohol is the means by which those who are truly intelligent put up with people who merely think they are.