Thread: My BRN-601 build

Junior Cadet

My BRN-601 build

Since the other thread on retro AR builds last got posted to in 2018, I thought I would just start a new thread on mine. It started out as a Brownells 601 prototype that I would up selling the upper from to a friend for a project he was building, and honestly since as a prototype clone it had a few critical differences that just was never going to let it be an accurate build of one of those, but as a 601 clone, I thought it had some potential for a pretty good clone (not 100% perfect, but definitely the look and feel but in a shootable and reliable version) so here's what I came up with so far. I still need a few details like the correct 601 pistol grip, and the right rear sight wheel and divoted pin for it, but I am pretty happy otherwise with how it came out so far. Here's the pics:

Nice build. The charging handle NoDak?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Junior Cadet
    I think so, but it and the upper receiver both came in trade to me, so I am not 100% on the origin of it. Most of the parts I sourced were either modified Brownells Retro parts, or they came from AR15Sport.com.