Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered 6 Service Grades

Ordered 6 Service Grades

Kind of curious what I'm going to get - and what I'm going to do with them!

Eli

Keep a nice one-if there is one-and put the rest on gunbroker.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I just can't justify $900 for the quality of rifles they've been selling the last several years. Certainly couldn't risk mail order
    [SIGPIC]

I'm hoping for Danish returns, since they've reappeared. My first Garand (sow BM59SL) was a Danish Ditch Grade return in a Beech stock, the receiver was perfect - I'm hoping some of these are, and I'll likely repeat the order in January.
    The end is near!

Eli

You can pick up pitted M1's with criterion barrels and cmp stocks all day long on gunbroker for 4k.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Yeah, if you need a Garand receiver for a BM59 build, it's more cost effective to buy a CMP SG rifle just for the receiver and other usable parts, sell off the remainder, as opposed to trying to buy a bare receiver ($1K, pits are free).
    Alcohol is the means by which those who are truly intelligent put up with people who merely think they are.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I ordered 8 Field Grades in late 2016 (damn it's been a while) that were complete pitted junk and showed up about 6 months after I ordered them.
    I'm already worried about this order ending badly, USPS tracking showed the package arrived in Anniston early December 14 - with an expected deliver of 12/14 - then stayed in the same facility until going out for delivery Saturday, December 16. Of course, they were closed, and now I'm having nightmares of pitted junk showing up next May.

Anybody know if they're shipping through the end of the year, or are they taking a month off?

Eli

So, after losing my application pack for a couple of days, the USPS delivered it to the CMP today. Now, I get to see if they're still turning orders around quickly or if the USPS and CMP are conspiring to screw me again...

Eli

Let us know what you get?
    Hopefully something worthwhile.
    Those Greeks Rack grades that I hand picked at the HGC gunshow for $300 each were the best!
    M1CC #328

So I got a call and email last month that NICS hadn't given a PROCEED, just a DELAY - which the FBI will never call back, and the CMP will never PROCEED despite being allowed by law to do so.
    Yesterday, I emailed the person (Julie?) that had previously contacted me about the NICS issue, I haven't heard back though. I'm curious if I'll get approved, I hope so!

Eli