Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB BM59E Argentine muzzle brake

Cadet

WTB BM59E Argentine muzzle brake

I need a short muzzle brake, either a BM62 or BM59E muzzle brake.
    Thanks,
    Jeronimo

62 you ain't finding so fast. 59E you have a chance.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Angleofattack View Post
    I need a short muzzle brake, either a BM62 or BM59E muzzle brake.
    Thanks,
    Jeronimo
    You know they don't interchange, right?

Eli

Cadet
    Hello Eli,
    After I posted the request I started thinking about it and I thought about the gas pressure... then here I am to correct my post! Here is my dilemma. I have a BM-62 that I want to sell. It is mint, have the original box, manual, etc. But the rifle does not fit in the box, because it has installed one of those rare brakes as they came in the Mark I, with bayonet lug, but not grenade launcher. Interestingly enough, this is not the first Berben import that I see with that brake. I believe some came from Italy with this brake, or Berben was selling them as an option/accessory. I have seen at least three BM-62s with these brakes. But what puzzles me is that it does not fit in the box with it. I would like to keep that brake for my BM59s, but sell the BM-62 if possible with a brake that makes it fit the box, and that would be the original short unported muzzle tip.
    Thoughts?

Check these links.
    https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...m62-rifle.html
    https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/p...d-t-r6921.html

Last edited by Angleofattack; 02-16-2024 at 03:27 PM.

That is a rare rifle for sure. The original muzzle device is rarer than a hens tooth. I managed to get two of them for my builds-but that was years ago. I got one from Mike Baker and the other from Greg at Standard Parts.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Cadet
    But did you see the other links? Rare but not unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleofattack View Post
    Hello Eli,
    After I posted the request I started thinking about it and I thought about the gas pressure... then here I am to correct my post! Here is my dilemma. I have a BM-62 that I want to sell. It is mint, have the original box, manual, etc. But the rifle does not fit in the box, because it has installed one of those rare brakes as they came in the Mark I, with bayonet lug, but not grenade launcher. Interestingly enough, this is not the first Berben import that I see with that brake. I believe some came from Italy with this brake, or Berben was selling them as an option/accessory. I have seen at least three BM-62s with these brakes. But what puzzles me is that it does not fit in the box with it. I would like to keep that brake for my BM59s, but sell the BM-62 if possible with a brake that makes it fit the box, and that would be the original short unported muzzle tip.
    Thoughts?

Check these links.
    https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...m62-rifle.html
    https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/p...d-t-r6921.html

Reese sold those for fairly cheap for years, I bought one for my BM62 but sold them separately.
    The interchange issue between the SL/E and other BM59-series rifles is due to the different gas cylinders, the SL/E uses a standard Garand gas cylinder that has closer bore centers than the standard BM59 cylinders.

Beautiful rifle, by the way!

Eli

Patriot
    If your in need of a BM62 BM69 style short brake link below.
    Won't work on an "E" model or standard Garand gas cylinder....but at least your rifle will fit in the box.

https://www.standardpartsllc.com/pro...60&idcategory=

Yow, $$$. I'd like to have one, but that's a bit too pricey for moi, guess I'll just have to drill holes in my "builder" gas lock.
    Alcohol is the means by which those who are truly intelligent put up with people who merely think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihontochicken View Post
    Yow, $$$. I'd like to have one, but that's a bit too pricey for moi, guess I'll just have to drill holes in my "builder" gas lock.

What's too pricey, The Standard Parts short brake? that's less than half the cost of the 5" brake in your photos
    [SIGPIC]