Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CMP M1 Carbines

Quote Originally Posted by mike9905 View Post
    I feel like a sucker. Aside from the Bavarians, every CMP carbine I received was a huge disappointment. Anyone else feel the same?
    I regret selling the Saginaw that I purchased. I, like you was most pleased with the Bavarian...did not go for the flip sight though.

Carbines seemed to have been quite popular, I am saddened to see the juvenile behavior at the stores. Thanks for putting a stop to it 53!!!

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tljames View Post
    Back in '88 or '89, I worked at a True Value Harware store (remember we're in Oklahoma) and we sold a few guns and some ammo. We received a load of Carbines, maybe 50 or so and they sold for $79.99. I didn't really know what they were at that time and had like no intrest in "mil surp" rifles. So I really can't tell you what shape make or model they were. I just know I've kicked myself repeatedly ever since for not snagging half a dozen or so of them! Guys knew what they were because they didn't last but a couple of weeks and we never received any more! Thomas
    I bought a Russian made SKS that was a true Gem,and still in cosmo from a True Value(if memory serves) in Nevada for $99,and I thought that was High(they had 'em in barrels)...those were the Days!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I'm sure some days are still around.