Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: steel-cased ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Right now AIM has brass cased PMC 55 gr FMJ for $279.50 a thousand.
    Yeah, I saw that, but ordered a Mosin and some 7.62x54R instead. Stupid me.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

I shoot it all the time, Wolf, Tula, Brown bear, silver bear. I shoot most of it out of my Arsenal Sgl31 and my Colt ar's. I personally think the quality level of the ammo has improved in the last few years. Wolf used to be garbage in AR's but now its good to go.
    Considering the $ amount of brass cased ammo these days i will shoot the steel cased stuff. If it does break an extractor, its an easy fix.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
    I shoot it all the time, Wolf, Tula, Brown bear, silver bear. I shoot most of it out of my Arsenal Sgl31 and my Colt ar's. I personally think the quality level of the ammo has improved in the last few years. Wolf used to be garbage in AR's but now its good to go.
    Considering the $ amount of brass cased ammo these days i will shoot the steel cased stuff. If it does break an extractor, its an easy fix.
    Cheers
    I feel the same way. I have SHTF ammo. Steel cased ammo is just fine for everything else. Extractors are cheap and easy.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Junior Cadet
    I ran fifty rounds of Wolf through my RRA 223 a while ago with no problems. It was as accurate as me and no dirtier than anything else I've used.
    Fred

due to so many makers putting out AR's with variable specs, some guns will run it fine while others will choke on it. Some makers (bushmaster for one I think) will indicate not to use it in their guns. I have a fair supply of factory and relaod as well, so don't bother with it. right now got an e-mail from widener's they are selling 1200 rounds of imi ammo for what amounts to just shy of 30 cents a round. hard to beat that in today's market. I remeber not too long ago buying federal ammo for 120/500 rounds. we'll never see those days again