Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about the 1917?

That sounds a little pricey if it has a lot of wear on it. And for some reason, Eddystone's seem to be valued less than the other two manufacturers. I just bought an excellent Winchester with an almost brand new replacement bbl on it for $600 on the CMP forum.

This rifle is all Eddystone as far as I can tell with original barrel and finish with a 16" bayo and leather sling. I made a offer under $500.00 and he declined.Blueing is worn but I really think its worth the asking price I just dont want one that bad
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

See if it is blued or parked. If it has been parked its a ww2 rebuild.
    Mack

As I stated earlier it has original finish ,worn but original blueing
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Sorry Orlando,
    Missed the 2nd page of the thread due to the new format. If you can find one in your price range they do grow on you. I had pics of mine on the old forum. I like shooting the 17 better than my 03-a3 which went bye bye to get my Garand.

Junior Cadet
    I have to respectfully dissagree with you guys, a 1917 in good shape is a beautiful work of art! I'm debating wether to buy one or save the money to pay property taxes.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
    I have to respectfully dissagree with you guys, a 1917 in good shape is a beautiful work of art! I'm debating wether to buy one or save the money to pay property taxes.

I for one actually like the way the rifle looks. The action on the rifle is real smooth. Many also hate the look of the British Lee-Enfield rifle.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

I have a all Eddystone 1917. It was one of those VFW turn in's the CMP was selling a couple years ago. I really do not like the looks of it, I bought it because that day at the NS it was the best looking rifle in the racks and I could not leave empty handed. Anyway, the rifle is a POS. The barrel has been neglected, has shot a lot of blanks and all that. It shoots about 5 Minutes-of-Barn, so it't not accuarte either. I'm also not a big fan of the cock-on-closing way the bolt works.

I'm not sure why I have it.

Anyone have a nice 03A3 for sale?
    !

If I have one complaint it is the whole cocks on closing thing. However if i wanted to I could change that. My next statement will get me in trouble, but I have ben there before.
    I love my 1917! In every way a superior firearm to the 03. Just remember more 1917's went to war in WW1 then did 03's. Let the yelling begin. Remember no matter what hollywood says Sgt. York used a 1917!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT .
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer View Post
    If I have one complaint it is the whole cocks on closing thing. However if i wanted to I could change that. My next statement will get me in trouble, but I have ben there before.
    I love my 1917! In every way a superior firearm to the 03. Just remember more 1917's went to war in WW1 then did 03's. Let the yelling begin. Remember no matter what hollywood says Sgt. York used a 1917!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT .
    I can certainly see some advantages over the 1903(recoil being one),but I don't care for the rear sight w/no windage adjustment.I wouldn't get rid of mine,that Fugly beast has grown on Me.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)