Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conceal carry ammo ?

Conceal carry ammo ?

What kind of ammo do you use for conceal carry ?
    FMJ, Home defense or what ??
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

All my pistols are .45ACP, and when I'm out I've got 230 gr. hydrashoks. That's also what's in my nightstand.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Patriot
    230gr ball for my 1911 and 180gr( I reload) for my snubbie 38 spcl 147 gr for my Hi power 250 gr FN for my SA. I believe in weight!

I generally use the same concept for all my self defense pistols. Half jacket controlled expansion (hollow point) in the heaviest weight available. While this combo means a slower moving projectile the size when expanded and the weight provide the necessary mass to convey the most energy. This creates the shock or trauma hopefully in a center mass which will end the threat. Most self defense shootings are within a 21 foot range so speed isn't as critical as in hunting where the shot travels a much larger distance. I'm anxious to here some other ideas as I'm sure each of us prefer different loads for different reasons.
    Bill

Mixmaster, 230 gr. ball? Interesting choice. Why not hollow points? Just curious.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Hydrashocks!

Hydrashocks across the board. 38, 357, 9mm, 40, 45
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt

I use Winchester Ranger 147 grain loads in my Carry Glock 34 or my Browning hi power.

Anybody know anything about Hornady critical defense ammo ?
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I dont get to carried away with high dollar self defense ammo in 45acp. Lately been carrying Winchester self defense hollowpoints
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"