Thread: What's the chances of getting a Consecutive numbered receiver!

What's the chances of getting a Consecutive numbered receiver!

There is a small dealer which I buy, sell and trade with. Several years ago I purchased a Double Star AR15 receiver from him. I just finished that bottom with a 5.7X28 upper which I posted in a separate thread. Today I stopped at the shop and purchased another Double Star receiver for a .22 cal build. When I got it home I decided to compare it to my other receiver. That's when I discovered the two receivers are consecutive numbers, brothers in arms so to speak. Wonder what the chances are?
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Now that's cool.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

in current production ar lowers it is actually rather easy -you can usually request it at no charge. most companies an ffl isd going to buy lowers from are going to send a batch which you would think be in a serial number range close. that your dealer got in 2 consecutive numbered lowers is not a surprise- that the second one stayed in inventory for do long without being sold is the amazing part.

Allans armory just sold consecutive numbered 1969 Albanian SKS's For $1000.00 They didn't last a day.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.