Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boy Toy!

New Boy Toy!

I received a call from my favorite gun shop last night that a package from Kimber had arrived with my name on it. I had placed the order about 3 weeks ago right after shooting a friends Kimber Ultra CDP II, 1911 with laser and night sights. This is the best shooting 1911 I have personally ever shot. I also was able to shoot consistent with it. Boys and their toys.

Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Is that an on/off switch on the lower right of the left grip panel?

Jeff, yes it is an off/on switch. When in the down position the laser switch is receives power but the laser doesn't activate until you depress the safety with the grip of your hand. It really works well as far as having control to turn it off or on with just the pressure of your hand. The switch is to make sure it isn't accidentally turned on when stored.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

That's what I figured, but wasn't sure......interesting.....So much for custom grips, heh?

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTUS View Post
    That's what I figured, but wasn't sure......interesting.....So much for custom grips, heh?
    Lucky for me I like the stock grips.
    Bill
    Bill

Wouldn't you think that for the price of the Kimber CDP they could have supplied a spare magazine? I don't mean to sound cheap but.....
    Bill
    Bill

Founding Member
    Very NICE!!

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Wouldn't you think that for the price of the Kimber CDP they could have supplied a spare magazine? I don't mean to sound cheap but.....
    Bill
    Absolutely!!

I'm not a fan of Kimbers......they just strike me as "cheap"...no offense intended....like a poor man's Ruger......and I've had a .45 and the .17

Brutus
    I have the Kimber tgt 2 eclipse & like it very much. All I know & those at the shops
    I frequent feel they are very good & excellent value. You are the first I have heard
    call it "cheap". What issues are you refering to? Any info helps us all.
    Thanks
    Tom

The slide doesn't/didn't have definitive sharp edge cuts for grasping.....they were almost rounded.........also, the metal used seemed to be like "pot metal"..........