Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Boy Toy!

Jeff, you're right about the sharp definitive edges. The CDP's are purposely made that way which is why I ordered it. Smooth edges don't tend to catch on clothing when worn in a concealed carry situation. The regular Kimbers have all the sharp edges you could ever want. 1911 manufactures are plentiful and what I like you might not. Doesn't make one bad and one good just different. I have several Kimbers and love them, doesn't make them right for everyone. I chose Kimber for function and the fact I shot good groups with them.
    The pot metal look is a special metal finish on this particular pistol.
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 08-12-2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

I hope you don't think I was being critical of your pistol, Bill......I was just answering Tom's question about my previous experiences w/ my Kimbers....and the pistols I was referring to were more target pistols than "carry" pistols........

But you're right about one thing-there are more than enough manufacturers out there, and there's something for everybody's likes.........

Very nice.

I have a Kimber and love the pistol. Newer had any problems and it loves to eat all ammo fed.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Jeff, no negatives taken about the new toy. Just good conversation about 1911's. There was a WWII Springfield 1911 at the Wilmington, Ohio gun show today. I know this is going to make you cry, some bozo had it chrome plated. I made an offer but the dealer wouldn't accept. He said some collector would pay the price and remove the chrome and make a nice pistol. Might be but as I pointed out the engraving would have to be freshened up as the same bozo had a buffing wheel to it. A sad story for a once proud warrior.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Jeff, no negatives taken about the new toy. Just good conversation about 1911's. There was a WWII Springfield 1911 at the Wilmington, Ohio gun show today. I know this is going to make you cry, some bozo had it chrome plated. I made an offer but the dealer wouldn't accept. He said some collector would pay the price and remove the chrome and make a nice pistol. Might be but as I pointed out the engraving would have to be freshened up as the same bozo had a buffing wheel to it. A sad story for a once proud warrior.
    Bill

I hear more and more similar stories about the early SA 1911s........they only started w/ 30,000 or so, and when you hear about a chromed one here, and a destroyed one here, they start to add up......makes my two even MORE valuable......