Thread: New AR build and stupid CA law

New AR build and stupid CA law

I put together my 20" Bushmaster predator upper on an Aero Precision lower yesterday. Total cost was $782 plus $25 state transfer. I already had the A2 stock from another rifle I put a collapsible stock on and the scope I've had for years.

Now for the stupid part. There are two ways to do this in CA. One is a rifle with a non-detachable 10 round mag. Notice it takes the tip of a bullet to operate the release.

The other way is to build a lower without a pistol grip. There are a few more details but in this configuration you can have detachable mags. This is one product sold to do this. It is called the hammerhead grip from Exile Machine. A wonderful company in Texas that helps us Californians out. With a skeleton type stock you can get your thumb over the top.

Since this is a target rifle I'm sticking with the pistol grip since rapid mag changes are not needed.

The one thing that is cool is that were all thumbing our nose at the stupid CA legislators that thought they could ban these rifles out of existence. Since inventive people have found ways around the laws there are probably more AR type rifles being sold and built now than ever.

WHERE GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, EVIL DARES NOT TREAD. Mark Muller

Nice rifle. Have you tried it out yet?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Thanks, nope not yet.

I might take it to the indoor range to get some break in time.

Rifle range season for me is not until it cools off in the desert.

Too many bozos and too many people period at the local public ranges.

We belong to a member only range in the desert.

WHERE GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, EVIL DARES NOT TREAD. Mark Muller

I don't know whose gun laws are more stupid....Cali or Illinois? At least here in IL I can have an AR with a pistol grip and detachable mag.....for now.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"