Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one built a 1911 from the ground up?

Major, I think you hit the nail on the head. I've decided to build two, one for me and one for my best friend's birthday. I've always wanted to learn about the 1911's and this will provide an excellent learning opportunity. Tim is going to park them and I have another friend who is going to engrave them. I'll post pix when completed.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Here's a pic of one of two I built from SS Essex frames.

Oh, who says RIAs aren't fun to Build?

Not done with this one yet.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    NRA,GCA,OGCA, USAF,Msgt.Ret.

Now that's what I'm talking about, really nice.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I thought about these(as Mixi had mentioned previously)just for experience.
    http://e-sarcoinc.com/451911autobuildkitlessframe.aspx
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)